Reflection in eyes?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a couple of shots of my little man as i was getting him ready for bed tonight and unfortunately in my office/changing room I have a great big funky strip light thingy on the ceiling that is apparent in the reflection of his eyes! Is this something that you would remove in pp or keep?
I did try removing it in processing but for some reason it just made his eyes look unnatural (in my opinion).
Thanks for looking

oscar (1 of 1) by box.photography@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Personally, I would leave the catch lights in.
I think they look fine as they are. Great eye contact from the wee fella too, good work

Thanks for that much appreciated.

3Rtq1lp.jpg

I'd leave them, for sure. Gives him a lovely little sparkle.

Beautiful big eyes. The only thing that struck me immediately was the skin tone. It may be my laptop screen - it doesn't do it to other portraits though - but the colour seems a bit yellow? :thinking:

Hi Rob.

I wouldnt dream of removing them. To me they add to it rather than take anything away from the image :)

Gaz

Beautiful big eyes. The only thing that struck me immediately was the skin tone. It may be my laptop screen - it doesn't do it to other portraits though - but the colour seems a bit yellow? :thinking:
Thanks for the feedback. to be honest i did kick up the temperature in LR just a touch but I did notice that the whole image seemed a little darker when I uploaded it to flickr? :thinking:

I think the new pic is much better, possibly due to the smile but I'm not convinced the WB is correct. What setting did you use?

Second is definitely better. Slightly distracting green you I'm the background.

Try a grey card in one if your shots at the beginning for a reference to get the wb "correct"

Catchlights make the eyes sparkle and come to life - keep them in!!

S

Thanks for the input guys, it was another grab shot and just tweaked slightly in pp! I raised the wb just slightly as Flickr seemed to darken my images as mentioned in post above? Might try and set something up on his changing mat for the next time.

Took a couple of shots of my little man as i was getting him ready for bed tonight and unfortunately in my office/changing room I have a great big funky strip light thingy on the ceiling that is apparent in the reflection of his eyes! Is this something that you would remove in pp or keep?
I did try removing it in processing but for some reason it just made his eyes look unnatural (in my opinion).
Thanks for looking

oscar (1 of 1) by box.photography@yahoo.com, on Flickr

just downsize them...there should be some catchlight..

They're not in the pupil area in the original

Sorry but I fail to see the relevance of this. Perhaps you could enlighten me please?

Sorry, I was replying to Mr Toad in post 18, perhaps I should have quoted him

Sorry, I was replying to Mr Toad in post 18, perhaps I should have quoted him

Aha! See your point now. Very true.

Only comment I'd make about some of the comments people make about photos is that they can be looking too forensically at an image which in the right place would prove beneficial I.e. A high level competition where it's the only way to distinguish between two or more near perfect photos.

Pride aside do long as there are no glaring mistakes 99.9% of people that would see this in the real world would see nothing more than a quite excellent shot of, let's face it, a handsome little boy. The fact that there's a minuscule hair hidden in the depths of his left eye at 20x magnification matters not a jot! IMHO!

Back