Remote shutter release for D90

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
can someone help me find what I actually need for a remote for timed shots.

Basically I have just upgraded from D40 to a D90 and want to get out and do some star trails. I currently have the basic IR remote control which is ok for doing the odd long exposure but you have to keep track of how long your setting the exposure for and press it again for each shot etc.

I have heard you can get a (wired) remote where you can dial the length of time in you want i.e 1m 30s for example but also set it to continue shooting after that time so I can basically get some shots for stacking without continually have to count the time and keep pressing the remote. SO basically it will continue to take shots of 1m 30s till i actually stop it

Does that makes some sense?? I have looked around and there are masses of choice but not really sure if they do what is required or not.

any help much appreciated

i came across that one and it sounds about right but thought i would check with somemore experienced people lol

thanks

I got the above one a couple of weeks ago for my D90 although it was only £10.50. It works a treat.
ahh glad to hear someone who has used it thats great news, can I ask where you managed to get it from for £10.50 please

Back