Renault Clio V6 (MKI)

Name
Dean Smith
Edit My Images
No
So, after a month off from the camera due to (hmmm, how do I put this?) 'credit crunch' reasons, I was desperate to get out their and shoot something. My friend is selling his Clio V6 and so before it departed, I wanted to make good use of it.

The following images are a bit of a let down. I wanted to use the road in the motion shots for the statics but it was just way too busy with traffic at an all time high on a Sunday afternooon..groan.

Onto the pics then..

1. Shake that a**
3108071139_cb8a67bbc9_o.jpg

3108901154_ea241e12d8_o.jpg

3108900736_b1d891f1c7_o.jpg

3119500803_191b355d26_o.jpg

3118282922_167ecf9ed3_o.jpg

6. Blown out wing....d'oh!
3118263054_241a1eb255_o.jpg

orsome. i love the way you have done those pics. love no.1.

sorry got a few questions on you photo's 1.what light's strobes were you useing is it a portable set up or just strobe. also what rig were you useing for the rolling shot's im trying to get my hands on a set at the mo just a bit hard to find the right rig?

cheers dont have to answer but lovely set

The plates are for 'show', they were put on for the photo and taken off when moving the car though.

Flash: (I'll let you off for saying Strobe only if you're American!) I used 3x Vivitar 285HV's triggered via Pocket Wizards.

Rig: Suction cup based with long pole (not adviseable). My advice with rigs is to not use one until your statics cannot be bettered and your PS skills are of a high standard. All too often I see people doing rig shots which look okay however, the statics from the same 'shoot' are verging on awful.

Lovely shots all well composed and exposed. Not too sure about the watermark th0, kinda distracts from the quality of the pics imo.

Totally agree with both of these comments. They are the type of shots i would aspire to.

What lighting did you use for the static shots?

Hey Ant, thanks.

See my reply eariler regarding lighting.

Cheers

Dean :)

Wicked shots!

I know you have mentioned how you did the motion shots, but I cannot get my head around it. Aren't these normally done from another car travelling along side? Looks like you on the grass.

Thanks.

The shots are great but the cars even better, it's on my list of "toys" to get when I can afford it :)

Good bit of kit, would like to invest in one in the future.

Here is the un-edited version of what Max Power did of my car

1a.jpg

Amazing shots but I'm not brave enough to stick my camera on a pole and go for a drive.

Pretty clever stuff. How fast was the V6 actually going in those shots then?

Good work on photoshopping the pole out the picture.

The car was travelling at no more than walking speed. The rig is actually suction cup based and was mounted to the roof in both of the above shots.

I like all of them apart from number two which doesn't realy do much for me. Your lighting is very good too. got any more to inspire us with?

Do you reckon I could mount my Bronica to one of them rigs?;)

Right I love these shots and have wanted to do some shots like this for a while. As my GF has a classic MG in new condition, and her dad has just re built a mini so would love to do some shots like yours. Not got kit to do it as of yet though. I have a d300 and some good lenses but no flash yet. But with out sounding thick, {I do landscapes**. But what are POCKET WIZARDS ???????? I know they are transceiver etc... But not a clue what they do

I like all of them apart from number two which doesn't realy do much for me. Your lighting is very good too. got any more to inspire us with?

Do you reckon I could mount my Bronica to one of them rigs?;)

I have another thread going somewhere, more shots on my flickr also :)

Re: Bronica...hell yeah! I've seen some mahoooosive LF camera's on 'proper' rigs before..

Right I love these shots and have wanted to do some shots like this for a while. As my GF has a classic MG in new condition, and her dad has just re built a mini so would love to do some shots like yours. Not got kit to do it as of yet though. I have a d300 and some good lenses but no flash yet. But with out sounding thick, {I do landscapes**. But what are POCKET WIZARDS ???????? I know they are transceiver etc... But not a clue what they do

First off. You have 2 classic cars and so I think the flash lit shots won't work quite as well. You're better off going for natural light at a good time of day.

As for pocket wizards. You have one on the camera, one attached to a flash (you could multiply the flash and pocket wizard by as many times as you like). When you hit the shutter button the pocket wizard sends out a radio signal to the other pocket wizards to fire the flashes.

Very nice work!

A good illustration of how shooting a road car can be done really well. The static shots are good and the effect on those rolling ones is cracking!

I'm impressed :D

not much to add other than I love them all (y) any more subjects we can drool over?

saw these on CS too, looks good. Need to put a post up on CS to see if anyone would be willing to let me practice with their car.

Love the first one, great colours !

The rest ain't to shabby either. I really must get some good shots of my ST :nono:

Steve

Beautiful colours, strong and vibrant images too. The car literally leaps out at you. I love the rig shots too, the angle is superb.

Thanks all :).

Poah, you would appear to be on every single forum in the world? Credit crunch = clients going down the pan, i'd say 90% of my client base!!

Thanks all :).

Poah, you would appear to be on every single forum in the world? Credit crunch = clients going down the pan, i'd say 90% of my client base!!

:( not worked for ages either. got a feature in MaxP with Rikki (posting above) wrote but I need to find the cars to get featured and its not a great time of year. thankfully not my full time job lol

Back