Return to Herringfleet + New Pic

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I'm not really a late sleeper which is handy if you like to catch early morning sunrises....today was no exception and I headed for Herringfleet, a location where I often have very mixed results.
It was indeed very frosty, minus 4 when I arrived at the pub car park ready to embark on 1 mile walk to the pump. The walk itself is always interesting with such an array of different wild life and today was no exception. Swans (as per usual), ducks (as per usual), Egyptian Geese, Marsh Harriers, Herons, Reed Warblers, an Otter (seen them here before), a Robin, a Barn Owl, and a few other bird species. Bill Oddie i'm sure would have been having a few multiples, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, the sunrise itself was quite good even though again there was no drama in the sky.

Pre Dawn

Herringfleet Dawn by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Sunrise

Frosty Herringfleet by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Final Herringfleet Portrait by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
Two different shots but both very good.

The 1st I like the way the edge of the grass and reeds make a leading line into the shot towards the windmill.

The 2nd is made for me by the way the sunlight is catching the mist coming off the frosty grass and creating the glow.

"Excellent" bit of work Neil, both different but equally as nice. Lovely light, great comp', and as usual spot on exposure.(y)

George.

The lovely Herringfleet! I like the second shot the most.
The parking space along the road, is it not open yet?

The lovely Herringfleet! I like the second shot the most.
The parking space along the road, is it not open yet?

Nah, have to use the Dukes Head car park at Somerleyton- then the 20 minute hike which is actually OK if you're not running behind schedule!

…just can't resist #1!

Now that's proper landscape. Lovely pastels, cool in the first and warm in the second.
Makes a lovely change from the over saturated pish that ends up all over the web. (mine included!)
Nice.

2 lovely images Neil and the first edges it for me

…just can't resist #1!

Thanks Kodiak.

Now that's proper landscape. Lovely pastels, cool in the first and warm in the second.
Makes a lovely change from the over saturated pish that ends up all over the web. (mine included!)
Nice.

Thanks Craig.

Excellent photography- the first image is exceptional
James

Appreciate the comment James. First crops well into a Pano too.

2 lovely images Neil and the first edges it for me

Thanks Alf. Appreciate your comment.

It has to be number two for me, nice capture.
Neil I use the car park on the B1074 st olaves road, check google earth, although its mostly closed at early morn, I just park on the side of the road and walk through, its quite close that way...

It has to be number two for me, nice capture.
Neil I use the car park on the B1074 st olaves road, check google earth, although its mostly closed at early morn, I just park on the side of the road and walk through, its quite close that way...

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, the car park you're referring to has been closed for some time (sometimes I've jumped over the gates ;))!

Both shots are excellent. 2 is my favorite with the warm glow from the sun on the reeds.
I have yet to get there, but it is on my list of todo's.

Pete

Two real crackers.
Love the stones as a lead in to the first.

Added a final shot which I think is probably my fav out of the bunch.

The portrait is nice but I still prefer the first two, especially the second with its transition from cool to warm! :)

I'm not surprised at all these complimentary comments. Beautiful set and lovely, delicate landscape shots. I really like the mists and light in them. Great work.

Back