Review Review: Duracell 200x SDHC

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought this 16GB SDHC card, because it was very cheap from 7dayshop.com at £18.79.

Having taken hundreds of RAW files, and transferred them to my pc, it is sustaining 25MB/s transfer rate (just slightly lower than the 30mb/s which 200x equates to). This is fantastic compared to all of my Sandisk Ultra cards.

For info, I am using a Sandisk Extreme USB2.0 card reader, attached by USB.

As a comparison - the Sandisk Ultra II is advertised at 15MB/s and £21 at Amazon.

The faster SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB advertised at amazon is 45MB/s and £53.

Overall, I think that the Duracell represents great value.

Thanks - I was looking at these before but every time I looked, they had none so I got the PNY class 10 16 gig card instead - got to admit, its not as fast as I'd hoped and when I compared it to my old PNY Optima National Geographic Edition class 4 16 gig card it wasn't a lot faster at all.
May have to have another look at these Duracell ones.

I have the 8gb version and have found to to be good.

Received the two cards today, very disappointed with write speed, barely achieving 10mb/s.
By contrast my Lexar Pro 133x cards achieve 19mb/s write speed.

Sending these back asap

^^^
Yes I'm sure I recieved the 200x cards, I'm using a Lexar card reader that came with my lexar professional card.
For comparison my 133x Lexar 'professional' SDHC card writes at roughly 19mb/s on this card reader in ATTO benchmark.

Also the buffer on my D7000 took about twice as long to clear when using these Duracell's than my Lexars.

I wonder if this is a problem with the 32 gb's...

I'll try mine in ATTO when I get home today.

I bought 2x 7day shop professional cards, and had to send both back, one couldn't be formatted (yes I checked the switch), and the other wasn't recognised by the system or camera at all.

The return + refund was quick though, so I can't fault them on that.

I was reading in Photo Plus several issues back and those Duracell ones had one of the lowest write speeds IIRC.

Back