reviews on nikon 18 - 200 vr lens

vreyzel

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
looking for reviews on nikon 18 - 200 vr lens anyone using them

regards
john

I have one. For me it is a really good lens. It has a massive wide range and on a crop sensor body it is a really useful one. Some people has said it is a bit soft but I have not noticed that myself. Digital Photo bit a review including several lenses of a similar price and it won.

I have one too and it's a good and flexible lens for the money (c£500).

Those who don't like it often mention the Nikon f2.8 glass, but to get the equivalent range would cost probably £2500 !

I was umming and arring over selling mine when I get my 24-70 but I will probably keep it on my D200. Yes it does not compare to a 24-70 and 70-200 but they are in a different league on price.

Jack of all trades master of none, its a brilliant lens for walkabouts and if your not sure what your going to be shooting, however if you know what you want or can be bothered to carry two lenses/ can afford the two lenses it pales in comparison.

Its more a tool for ease of use

Ken Rockwell says it's the best lens Nikon have ever made - most people disagree

BUT it is the most versatile lens ever made (putting aside the lack of a constant wide aperture.)

I thought I was going to put mine up for sale, once I had bought a 70-200 and an 18-50, but there's been far too many situations where I needed it because it's a brilliant all-round lens.

IQ is excellent. I haven't noticed any softness in my photos.

Frenzied Dwarf summed it up perfectly!

Haha - you want it all, eh cowasaki?

Well yes, that would be nice. To be honest I wouldn't think that I would be doing the D700 justice by stick an 18-200 on it but I still think it is a great lens but it is horses for courses. I will be getting a 28-70 for the D700 and using the 18-200 on my D200. I will probably sell the 18-200 when I can afford a 70-200 and revert to the 18-55vr that I have currently on my D1x! But had I not been buying the D700 I would probably have kept it.

Back