RIAT from Rhymes Farm - Sat

Edit My Images
Yes
These are the ones i have sorted so far.

i had an amazing day and an awesome experience standing directly under the display line! (although i did have images from the Rammstien air disaster on loop in my head).

My 11 month old really enjoyed herself at her first show.

i really really need a new lens. my one sucks, just need to get some dosh together.

thanks, i literally only have the canon 75-300mm package deal lens, and sometimes pics are very 'grainy' but im making do for the time being.

here are a few more :)

i really really need a new lens. my one sucks, just need to get some dosh together.

You might think it sucks but you've got some really nice captures there. I like the set. The trouble with TP is that there is always someone with a bigger, better, more expensive lens.

You might think it sucks but you've got some really nice captures there. I like the set. The trouble with TP is that there is always someone with a bigger, better, more expensive lens.

thanks, thats made me feel better, im always nervous about posting on here! I am looking forward to getting better and upgrading my kit with time. but the most important thing is
i enjoy 'taking and editing the pics' which is essentially 90% of the hobby. if people like the end result its a great bonus. :)

im always nervous about posting on here!

That makes two of us. The more I look at TP, the worse my photos seems sometimes. RIAT's an especially hard one I'd guess as there are so many stunning photos from so many contributors. It's great that you enjoy it, that's the main thing.

Hiya, some great shots (y)

Shooting in raw, as Martin has mentioned above, can have a massive improvement when using a cheap lens. I have a photo of the A400M which is nearly identical to your last one, taken with a second hand £60 70-300 Sigma non IS lens, on a Nikon D3100 then adjusted in ACR. Photo here :)
Far from perfect, but with cheap, low end equipment, I'm fairly happy with a lot of mi shots

We were stood on the grass verge on the the loop road to crash gate 14 and Rhymes Farm, believe me, the chances of getting run over by the ar*e holes driving fast was far greater than being killed by an air disaster :banghead:

Last edited:
No, I have never shot in raw, maybe I will try this before my next event I attend.

I did notice people were dashing in and out if rhymes farm with some speed and inpatients. We were quite lucky only two more cars came in behind me before the stopped letting anymore in.

How do you edit raw images? In photoshop still?

How do you edit raw images? In photoshop still?

I'm no expert and I'm sure someone else will be able to explain a lot better than me but I'll have a go :)

I shoot both raw and j-peg. I had Elements 11 bought as a gift last year and ACR just came as part of the package. When I download mi images on to mi lappy, as well as the j-peg I have a NEf-file, when I right click on that, I have the option to open the file with Adobe Camera Raw (ACR).
I can then add clarity, lift shadows, tone down the high lights reduce noise,ect,ect.

The only other thing I've learned to do in Elements 11 is a bit of cloning, I really do need to get back on to you tube for some lessons :D

Back