Riponian Rally 2024 - 3rd set added

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Its been a while but I managed to finally break the camera away from family fun snaps for a wet day in the forests of North Yorkshire for the Riponian Rally. I've not finished editing yet, and I need to get more practice in for my panning again, but here is the first few with more on my Flickr account for those who are interested.

Hope you enjoy, and critique is welcome.

Thanks.

BC3A5023 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A5001 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A4865 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A4776 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A5039 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

Last edited:
nice - is that Cropton forest holidays? It was a bit wet wasn't it?

A suggestion: Try and find a spot without the stage furniture - tape, bails, signs etc.

I am also not sure why standard "rallyware" is to go dressed as a builder in high vis... infuriates the life out of me!! here are some of mine anyway :)

Last edited:
nice - is that Cropton forest holidays? It was a bit wet wasn't it?

A suggestion: Try and find a spot without the stage furniture - tape, bails, signs etc.

I am also not sure why standard "rallyware" is to go dressed as a builder in high vis... infuriates the life out of me!! here are some of mine anyway :)

Yes we were at Cropton for one stage, I tried my best to avoid random signage/cones/tape but it was tricky finding a spot which I didn't sink into and didn't get someone jumping in front of me! Its always my pet hate at rallies however its often difficult to find a spot where its hi-vis free!

Reactions: A_S
to me the signage/cones/tape is all part of the rally along side of the cars, its part of the "atmosphere" of the event. but thats just me lol.

Yes we were at Cropton for one stage, I tried my best to avoid random signage/cones/tape but it was tricky finding a spot which I didn't sink into and didn't get someone jumping in front of me! Its always my pet hate at rallies however its often difficult to find a spot where its hi-vis free!

just get there early and go for a walk :)

I've been busy editing some more of the images over the last week or so, here are a few and there's another large dump on Flickr too.

Thanks for looking.

BC3A5739 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

It was at this moment I stood up ready to bolt behind the large tree next to me! Thankfully it wasn't needed but you've got to keep on your toes when rallying!

BC3A5719 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A5673 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

I promise it wasn't all Ford's!

BC3A5636 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

BC3A5566 by Chris Downes, on Flickr

Back