River Feugh - Aberdeenshire

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I live locally to the River Feugh in Aberdeenshire so it is a great location for me to head to easily, I have tried many different angles and have a few favourite spots that I seem to always shoot from. This time I headed downstream and shot back up to the falls framing the falls through the bridge.

Bridge of Feugh from Downstream by chrisgrieve, on Flickr

That's nice Chris and as you say a different angle from the normal shots taken from the other side of the bridge. That must have been down beside the Banchory Lodge Hotel grounds I think?

It is a magnificent stretch of water, handsomely framed, and this nicely conceived and composed image does the scene full justice IMO.

That's nice Chris and as you say a different angle from the normal shots taken from the other side of the bridge. That must have been down beside the Banchory Lodge Hotel grounds I think?
Cheers Brash. Not from the lodge side of the river, this is still the Feugh side but downstream close to the mouth of the river to the Dee.

It is a magnificent stretch of water, handsomely framed, and this nicely conceived and composed image does the scene full justice IMO.
Thanks Doggel, it really is a lovely location and i could spend hours sitting there.

Cheers Brash. Not from the lodge side of the river, this is still the Feugh side but downstream close to the mouth of the river to the Dee.

Yeh, I get you. There's a rather nice suspension bridge tucked away up beyond the brig. You can't see it from the Brig o' Feugh but it's just a coupe of hundred yards up stream from it.

Last edited:
The swirly white water is really making a big foreground contribution to the overall effect of the photo. Is there a handy rock or did you get wet for your art?

The swirly white water is really making a big foreground contribution to the overall effect of the photo. Is there a handy rock or did you get wet for your art?
Thankfully there was a handy rock to stand on, but getting off that hand slippy rock meant my feet got wet :)

Back