Riverside Museum Meet 8July11

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
Hi All
Small meet at new Riverside Museum, Glasgow.
Flash, Yrdbent (Just popped in after shift in taxi - no camera) and SarahPix and son Matt were waiting patiently as I arrived about half an hour late - Sorry :eek:
Anyway nice to Meet Sarah and Mark, not to mention other two usual suspects.

We intended to shoot the skater, however they ware all very shy, except on guy (didn't get his name - sorry) who did a few jumps for us.

OK enough dribble.
I'll start and post up 3 of mine :

Skater5web.jpg

capstanGroupOK2web.jpg

Mark1web.jpg

Last edited:
With all those looooongggggg Nikon lenses around I felt seriously underpowered with my nifty fifty (saving hard for a loooonggg Canon 100-400). Decided to leave the skaters to the others and came up with these.
Sunset_at_Riverside_Museum.jpg

The windows facing the cranes had some lovely reflections-
Reflections_at_Riverside.jpg

And finally a bit of fun
Riverside_black_and_white.jpg

Last edited:
Charles

where can I buy one of those ''dramatic sky which didn't exist'' filters....:D

nice shots both - the lads worked hard too

Hi Sarah
...First apologies to yourself and Matt about getting his name wrong - fixed
( and John - Yardbent too).

Like your first and last shots - look cool.
Not too keen on the reflected window shot - still if you don't take it you won't know.
Thanks to Matt for modelling for me on the capstan.

Graham, looks aas we got twin shots of the skater.
Think you are right about that Bg in two working well.

John, just play around with your on board settings and give the results a little boost in photoshop ... Oh, forgot - First job for you is bring a camera :D

Another from me - Only shot one skater, so shots look much the same
Skater6aWeb.jpg

Last edited:
Number 2 is fantastic. The picture is moody, great colours. May have shot it without the people but that aside it would grace anyone's wall. Skaters are well captured too.

Hi Sarah
...First apologies to yourself and Matt about getting his name wrong - fixed
( and John - Yardbent too).

Like your first and last shots - look cool.
Not too keen on the reflected window shot - still if you don't take it you won't know.
Thanks to Matt for modelling for me on the capstan.

Graham, looks aas we got twin shots of the skater.
Think you are right about that Bg in two working well.

John, just play around with your on board settings and give the results a little boost in photoshop ... Oh, forgot - First job for you is bring a camera :D

Another from me - Only shot one skater, so shots look much the same
Skater6aWeb.jpg

You got his name right the first time, "Mark"
What sort of tweaking to the onboard settings did you make?
Love No 2
Sarah

Excellent skater shot against the museum wall, Mark (sorry about name mistake) - very nice, as is your shot doon the watter - rail lead-in looks good - will have a go at that angle next time I'm there. r

Number 2 is fantastic. The picture is moody, great colours. May have shot it without the people but that aside it would grace anyone's wall. Skaters are well captured too.
Cheers Stephen

You got his name right the first time, "Mark"
What sort of tweaking to the onboard settings did you make?
Love No 2
Sarah

Hi Sarah
Was sent a message saying I'd got Mark's name wrong, so changed it.
Sorry about that.
The setting I used for the shot :
Shoot Raw
Under-exspose to bring out sky
Selective tweaking in PS.

That first shot of yours I tried just pulling down in curves and thought it brought out the sky & water colours a treat.

Last edited:
Could you post the shot you altered.

Could you post the shot you altered.

Sure Sarah.
This is out camera.
Slight crop, remove pole and lifebuoy, selective curves in PS and sharpen here and there and voilà.
The raw file will allow you a few stops (3) each way to play with, so unless you're using a filter and a couple of strobs (... and a pneumatic drill to remove pole) you will not be able to get this result without above.

a57.jpg

capstanGroupOK2web.jpg

Last edited:
Sure Sarah.
This is out camera.
Slight crop, remove pole and lifebuoy, selective curves in PS and sharpen here and there and voilà.
The raw file will allow you a few stops (3) each way to play with, so unless you're using a filter and a couple of strobs (... and a pneumatic drill to remove pole) you will not be able to get this result without above.

a57.jpg

capstanGroupOK2web.jpg

The original is not in the same league as the tweaked on. I love the PS one:)

Sure Sarah.
This is out camera.

a57.jpg

capstanGroupOK2web.jpg

Sorry, but the edited one reminds me of this...
6a00d83451b52369e2014e897d9a4e970d-450wi

Horizon looks off too, it's probably the railing tricking the eye but a better composition would have taken this into consideration.

The original is not in the same league as the tweaked on. I love the PS one:)
Hi Stephen
The orig is intentionally underexposed in order to be able to achieve the results above in post processing.
Cheers

Sorry, but the edited one reminds me of this...
6a00d83451b52369e2014e897d9a4e970d-450wi

Horizon looks off too, it's probably the railing tricking the eye but a better composition would have taken this into consideration.
Oh well at least it reminded you of something.

A man's horizon is only the limit of his vision.
... see beyond. (y)

Back