Beginner Robin with Berry

Great shot, go back to your processing and back everything off by 25%, that should make it a cracker, well done.

Cheers Mark,
Will try that, have only used photoshop express on I pad, and as posted am a beginner and fishing in the dark regarding settings.
I really need to fathom this post processing game now I see the benefits.
I might have to bite the bullet and enrol on a course .
Thanks for your suggestions
Trevor

Looks better to me Trevor (y)

Has it had some noise reduction??

Also thought it could do with a bit of selective sharpening around the eye :)

IMG_0463 1.jpg

Looks better to me Trevor (y)

Has it had some noise reduction??

Also thought it could do with a bit of selective sharpening around the eye :)

View attachment 100680

Hi Phil, I had added noise reduction but reduced it as suggested, unfortunately sharpening in specific areas is out of my, and my softwares abilities, have realised if I'm going to have any decent shots then I need to invest as much time in PP as I do in capturing - work in progress at the moment I'm afraid

Hi Phil, I had added noise reduction but reduced it as suggested, unfortunately sharpening in specific areas is out of my, and my softwares abilities, have realised if I'm going to have any decent shots then I need to invest as much time in PP as I do in capturing - work in progress at the moment I'm afraid

Just out of curiosity what you using for pp'ing Trevor? I'm using Elements 14 but only because Elements 11 I was using wouldn't support the D7200 raw files.

Selective sharpening is easy with the likes of E11 and should be pick up 2nd hand for around £10/15.

I use to really struggle, thinking things were well above my ability. It wasn't until I was talked through it by helpful forum members on here, I realised its not as hard as I thought.

Always happy to try help, just ask :)

Phil,
At present I'm either using canon DPP4 on my laptop or photoshop express on my I-pad, so really in my infancy PP wise, but have at least realised their benefits, PS Elements is one I have been recommended, I'm not a complete Luddite but don't want to wade in too deep too quickly.
Thanks for your help, really appreciated
Trevor

It's a lovely capture, and the berry makes things all the more interesting. The perch is nice and I like the clean background.

There is an issue with the processing, in that it looks like the noise reduction has smeared the detail in the bird. Unfortunately DPP4 doesn't offer the option of selective sharpening or noise reduction, so you're going to need to either back off the NR a bit or go for one of the editing suites that allows specific targeting of areas. Value for money wise, a slightly outdated version of Elements is well worth a look to dip your toes in.

Plenty of people on here will assist with that side - give me a shout if you want to known anything specific - I use DPP4 and photoshop personally

Mike

Cheers phil and Mike,
I was actually out with a friend watching him Fish, I took my camera with me as I knew there were Sedge Warblers in the area, as it turned out, this was the only shot I took, so I was pleasantly surprised, my best Robin by a long way.

Gonna have to bite the bullet and buy something, had been recommended elements so reckon with your heads up I'll go for that.

Thanks again

Trevor

Back