Rock Pool Macro

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Last edited by a moderator:
So cool, you would think these were taken underneath the water not above, great technique!

Great series, I'm amazed how you managed to minimise all the reflections. Really great clarity.

Cracking set Alby,
love the Anemone, particularly (y)

Would like to know more about how you achieved these cracking images.

Thanks everyone for passing by. I achieved these shots by just shooting down into the water as said in my first post, I put my finger on the macro flash as to not dip it into the water and fired off the shots. Tilting the flash slightly to get rid of reflection was a bit trial and error also I did find that the deeper the objects were in the water the harder it was to get a good sharp shot so concentrated on the creatures nearer the surface. It really was that simple, the art was in finding the subjects at a suitable depth and in a suitable place.

Was the flash used the on camera flash or was it a flashgun on the hotshoe or off camera?

It was a macro ringflash on the end of the lens Jamtea.

Great shots especially the hermit crab
Agree about the angle you got on them very well done they look like they were taken underwater:)

Thanks guys glad you like them.
Dan: not used it much but it seems to work pretty well out of the box. I will hopefully get more time to use it this year and to fashion some better diffusion for it.

Absolutely fabulous set Alby (y) Love the hermit crab :D

Back