RoDAF Merlins in the mountains and air to air

Edit My Images
Yes
I had a great day on Thursday, I managed to tee up a sortie with the RoDAF Merlin Det to the mountains in the morning. On our return, the captain of the second aircraft asked if I'd fly with them again to generate some air to air imagery for the Sqn. The cloud and visibility was awful, but it really wasn't a tricky decision ..... :)

A Large post - apologies:

1. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

2. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

3. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

4. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

5. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

6. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

7. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

8. Royal Danish Air Force EH101 PDT Det to RAF Valley Sep 14 by StampedeT2, on Flickr

They are cool......would love a oppurtunity to just get in one and have a ride! Shots are ace

Nice set Cheesy. I especially like no.20. I've done a fair bit of military helicopter flying (I'm ex-RAF) and for some reason this image just sums it up for me.

So glad you included so many, so good. Do I detect a slight change of PP? Maybe not. My favourite, #19.

Saw these on Flickr last night, I liked the "One mainwheel only" shot but you didn't post it here.

wow, fantastic set of a wonderful piece of kit. Had the pleasure of a flight in 1 during a tour of afghan. thank you for sharing these.

No need to apologise for a long post, Paul, always good to see your shots.

As you're probably aware yourself, some look a little soft and some seem a touch dark though. Keep 'em coming!

No need to apologise for a long post, Paul, always good to see your shots.

As you're probably aware yourself, some look a little soft and some seem a touch dark though. Keep 'em coming!

Yep, some are undeniably better than others, but all in all I'm chuffed with them!

Not surprised!

Back