Rome

Jjm

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Great shots! What equipment did you use as i am going there in August
Thanks Raincloud.I used a D7100 with a 10-24 lens which I barely took off and a lightweight tripod.Take some comfy shoes and don't go near the Vatican mid-day it was horrendous

Big thumbs up for the 2nd one John - lovely processing - in fact it almost looks like a piece of jewelry.

Reactions: Jjm
Only got a 40mm 2.8. We are booking Vatican online before we go
I booked online 40 euros for 2 tickets,I would defo try and borrow something wider than 40mm
Big thumbs up for the 2nd one John - lovely processing - in fact it almost looks like a piece of jewelry.
Cheers Phil where would you wear it lol

I booked online 40 euros for 2 tickets,I would defo try and borrow something wider than 40mm
Cheers Phil where would you wear it lol

Thanks. Not got the chance to borrow so will have to make do. 2.8 should be fine indoors in the vatican etc?

We want to see as much as possible in Rome. There for about 6 days

Some great shots there! Shame about the fountain.

Thanks for taking time to comment .If I go back it will be in the winter was far too humid

Dreading going in August as the hottest month in Rome!!!!
It was 35 last week and the barman said its nothing compared to july or august.Theres water fountains everywhere though

It was 35 last week and the barman said its nothing compared to july or august.Theres water fountains everywhere though

Yea, heard it is the worst time to visit! No choice as it is my birthday when there and that is whole reason for going to Rome! Got to keep cool!! No concerned about myself but i am for my young daughter and wife. Need to look for a good 'hand fan'. Hotel has aircon, lets hope it works!

I hope you get a cool breeze have a great time and get some nice shots:cool:

Love these shots great work! Nice to see some images with the 10-24mm. I recently got told about this lens and managed to have a play and really considering getting one. I will be road tripping with my partner from Notts through France then Florence/Rome not decided yet and would really like this lens for when I go. Anyway as we all know its not all down to the camera so congrats. The first one has to be my favourite how you composed the image with the Colosseum and the light painting from car lights etc cant wait to visit after seeing these shots!

If you are taking a tripod there are some large plant pots in the road which are a great height to sit and wait for the traffic.I was a bit miffed there wasn't more to be honest

Overall a nicely composed set with some great architecture.

1. Nice but over saturated
2. Perfect.
3. Nice composition, wish the lighting was more golden
4. The person anchors this well, see comment re 3 for more golden
5,6,8 all great
7 A bit touristy snap for me.

Cheers Steve can't argue with that.I only took no 4 because the girl was there as the sky was dull and there was rumblings of thunder.

Just a couple Joe but there not great

A very good set pics. Well done. :)

I was there last July and almost everything I went to take pics of had scaffold on or road works in front of. :mad: Luckily not my first trip. You did well to get a good view of the Colosseum without any scaffold. ;)

Unlucky with the sky at Castel Sant'Angelo. :(

Just had a look at the Trevi Fountain Live Webcam and were very very unlucky. Saying that though, I've never got anything good, (apart from Gelato from a shop there ;)) from the Trevi Fountain because there is just too many people. :rolleyes: :(

If you plan on going to the Colosseum and Forum I'd wait till I got there, as you may not want to plan too much in advance. You get a ticket for the Colosseum and Forum which lasts for two days. Go to one the first day, and the other the second, or go to both in one day. Buy the ticket at the Forum as the queues are a lot smaller, and than just waltz past the huuuge queues to get into the Colosseum. :D

Reactions: ST4
Lovely shot of the staircase, the people make it for me as you get a good sense of scale :cool:

I do love a good staircase :LOL: sad i know

as already said stunning set, i would be really pleased with these! staircase ones are awesome shots.

Back