Round 3 of the photography competition - ends 22nd May

IanC_UK said:
Ooooh thats the deluxe edition with optional flash and fake plastic finish ! ;)

Nah m8, the plastic is real enough, it's the leather that's fake :)

bbiv.jpg

Steve said:
CT said:
Well I just submitted mine. :D

Well thats one..we have a winner at least :shock: ;)

[smilie=w: Ouch, who was the fool that picked this topic? [smilie=i:

I've got some done but I hope to get a few more shots in before the close date to give me a selection, honest guv!

i got mine in to now,

lets hope it dont get kicked out, as i aint that good with photoshop resizing while trying to maintain as much detail as poss, lmfao

MP

Steve said:
CT said:
Well I just submitted mine. :D

Well thats one..we have a winner at least :shock: ;)

oh, and does this mean i got provisional runner up at the moment :wink: , lol

MP 8)

MyPix said:
oh, and does this mean i got provisional runner up at the moment :wink: , lol

MP 8)

Quiet possibly.

Come on ladies and gentlemen, I know this round has a tough subject but you have to be in it to win it and so far you have a very good chance since we have so few entries. :shock:

How many people still intend to enter but have not yet decided on or captured their entry?

Me and I think silky said he was going to if he's not done so yet.

Still 10 days to go steve :LOL:

feeson said:
Me and I think silky said he was going to if he's not done so yet.

Still 10 days to go steve :LOL:

Good, good. Nothing like keeping it fresh in peoples minds though :wink: There was a couple of people who said that they has forgotten about the last round's closing date and missed out because of it.

I will also be entering but just not had time as yet, consciously counting down the days. :)

tis a bugger of a theme, took a few shots over the last couple of days, but TBH im not happy with them..

Roll on the weekend. Or maybe the following weekend :?

Dave said:
Mine is entered now. Good Luck everyone :)
Get over to the other forum :wink: :LOL:

EosD said:
tis a bugger of a theme, took a few shots over the last couple of days, but TBH im not happy with them..

agreed :(

Well wazza has just e-mailed his entry, so you never know i might get more than 0 points this time.
Its a Bummer resizing from 3000 pixles down to 600, what a shame it makes the pic so small.

will we get a pm re voting this time or are we looking for a new thread to react too.

wazza said:
will we get a pm re voting this time or are we looking for a new thread to react too.

Once the entries are published wazza,- Sunday probably, you just have to PM Matt The Mod with your votes in order of preference i.e. 1st 2nd 3rd.

Cool.

ooops I sent in the wrong version of my picture in error, when you resize it loses a great deal and I had sharpened it up to make it more acceptable. i have forwarded the correct version now and hope this is meeting with approval. It was a case of oops i selected the wrong pic when i e-mailed it yesterday. the correct version of the pic is now in the system. Gosh i must be more careful.

wazza said:
Cool.

ooops I sent in the wrong version of my picture in error, when you resize it loses a great deal and I had sharpened it up to make it more acceptable. i have forwarded the correct version now and hope this is meeting with approval. It was a case of oops i selected the wrong pic when i e-mailed it yesterday. the correct version of the pic is now in the system. Gosh i must be more careful.

That should be ok as long as the picture is exactly the same. If you have sent a different picture instead of a different version then only the first one will be accepted. We have to be quite strict on this as some people had admitted that they to had made a similair mistake when submitting entries and they had to go with the one submitted first.

On saying that I am sure that Matt will do his best to make whichever picture you have submitted appear as good as possible when he saves it should it need any alterations in size or files size.

wazza said:
Thanks for that steve.

No problem, I am sorry I couldn't be more specific but I have no access to the netries as Matt has kindly taken on the running of this months competition.

I still need to submit my shot, I am torn between two shots that I like equally. The problem is that they are very different and I don't know which will be received the best. [smilie=c:

Either way i am sure which one you chose it will be cool.

I am looking forward to seeing the entries in this one, I bet they are all so so different.

wazza said:
Either way i am sure which one you chose it will be cool.

I am looking forward to seeing the entries in this one, I bet they are all so so different.

I hope so.

From what I have been told we still have only a few entries for this round unfortunately. I know there is still time but normally by now we have recieved a lot more. I guess chosing the best three and writing the critique for this round will be easier for us all though. :?

I just hope that whoever wins this round picks a easier topic for the next one. :shock:

Steve said:
I just hope that whoever wins this round picks a easier topic for the next one. :shock:

I thought it was an easy one or at least that was my intent, basicaly take a nice picture of somewhere that could be used on a postcard :(

feeson said:
I thought it was an easy one or at least that was my intent, basicaly take a nice picture of somewhere that could be used on a postcard :(

Actually I don't have a problem with it but some of the regulars seem to have. It may just be that the weather has not been too favourable or that everyone is holding off till the last minute in case they capture something extra special. Time will tell and you have no need to worry about the subject choice, you won = your choice. :)

Steve said:
feeson said:

Actually I don't have a problem with it but some of the regulars seem to have. It may just be that the weather has not been too favourable or that everyone is holding off till the last minute in case they capture something extra special. Time will tell and you have no need to worry about the subject choice, you won = your choice. :)

Yeah, but what if my next choice is as bad Steve? [smilie=w:

feeson said:
Yeah, but what if my next choice is as bad Steve? [smilie=w:[/quote]

Well this time I have absolutely no idea of the quality or style of the entries that have been received as I have not seen any of them. Matt is handling this round so only he has had the chance to view the photos so far, the first I will see is when the competition closes and he uploads them into the gallery. You may well be in the running for another first place (and good on you if you get it too) Whoever wins though will have to pick a subject for the next round so it could be considered easier or harder depending on each individual. For me that’s part of the fun as well, a new round and a new challenge.

I was kidding!

The fun for me this time round is getting to grips with the new camera and doing one heck of a lot of traveling to see whats what.

Don't forget folks that this round of the competition closes tomorrow at 18.00, so that leaves just today and some of tomorrow to get those pictures in for those of you that have not already entered.

No excuses now, come on lets have a last minute rush of photos.

Good luck to everyone. :)

I'm just trying to work out how to work with RAW files to send something off for the close.

I have just sent a confirmation mail out to all entrants that I have received images from.

If you haven't received confirmation and have sent your image in, please try again.
PM me if you have any problems and I will try to help.

Good luck all.

I have left my entry in the melting pot, if anyone has any objections to me entering please let me know and I will withdraw my image.

Matt said:
I have left my entry in the melting pot, if anyone has any objections to me entering please let me know and I will withdraw my image.

That was already discussed and agreed by everyone that the person running the competition was entitled to enter as well. It is only for fun and as there are no prizes so there is nothing to gain and everything to lose by you not being allowed to enter.

I look forward to seeing your entry when it is finally revealed

My entry sent. As poor as ever but hoping to make top 5 assuming only 5 people have entered :D

Oh well, with thunder storms and torrential rain, and still not having got a decent shot for the comp, am hoping for an improvement tomorrow so i can rush something through ! :)

Its either that or fall back on something i dont think stands a chance and hope all the other entrants dont vote ! ;)

I have given up as well. My head is in a spin with my choices and I couldn't decide which to go for so I just picked one at random. So thats that, it is too late to change my mind now :shock:

it will be interesting to see what else turns up tomorrow evening. :LOL:

I'd forgotten about this :( 24 hours to get something :shock:

Back