matt
Edit My Images
Yes
here you go kids!

1) Annabanana (pic 5)
2) MfWild13 (pic 3)
3) Gemok (pic 7)

congrats to Annabanana!

Everyone got a vote from someone, thats excellent! Good pictures from everyone, so thanks to everyone who entered and voted:D

Anna we need a new theme from you please!

I will get names and reorder the gallery, as soon as i fix it!:banghead:

and get the results to show properly when i work that out too, lol:banghead:

Wow! :D Thank you so much!

I'm over the moon.... what a thrill!!!!!

:banana:

Matty said:
I will get names and reorder the gallery, as soon as i fix it!:banghead:

So is this the gallery that needs fixing ? I have had trouble downloading pics (with frames !?!) this evening ? :confused-

Congratulations Anna:clap:

And Well Done to all those who took part:thumb:

Yes there is a problem with Gallery at the moment. Matty is trying to sort it. :)

did I come :third: I can't work it out now on to the Critiques :p

yeah you did Gemok, i'm making Daves presentation look good here....

Congratulations Anna :thumb: and good luck choosing the next theme.

WOW I came :second: Well chuffed.

Mark

Well done the top 3 & well done the rest as well :thumb:

I'm happy , first entry in this compo & I scored in the top 17:woot:

How rude of me (couldn't work it out before my first posting) ... Well done Anna, great showing for you ! Look forwrd to your choice of theme then !

And congrats to Mfwild & Gemok on your 2nd and 3rd respectively - good on yer !

Thank you very much everyone :)

Congratulations to everyone -- I found voting so difficult as the photos were all so good! :snap2:

Now to think of a theme.... :eek2:

:dance:

Here are my thoughts I haven't commented on all the photos as some of them I couldn't spot any real errors nor was there anything that screamed brilliance at me. If any of my comment offend you or you don't agree with them please remember I know almost nothing about photography I'm only stating an opinion and I'm quite often wrong :D (I'm told the being wrong thing isn't limited to photography either )

Anywho here we go

Letterbox
Nice idea spoiled slightly for me by the colour noise visable on the brass of the letter box

Chessboard
Again nice choice of subject but you should really have had the straight edge of the board level with your border its not off enough to look deliberate but enough so its easilly noticable I would have prefered to see a midgame shot as it were rather than the pieces in a neat line but that may just be me.

Bob the builder
I really like this image the OOF cat in the background ballances things nicely and the use of green material (felt?) as a pheudo grass works brilliantly

Fireplace
Nice fire you've got going there but for me everything seems to well lit, did you shoot this during the day? Did you try any shots using the fire as you primary source of light might have give more atmosphere?

Eggcup
Such a simple image that works really well if I were to be uber picky you've shaved a bit of the shadow off. :)

Flower
nice compsition I'm lead to believe it takes talent or an extereme amount of patience to photograph flowers (or should that be blooms?) well. I know nothing about flowers but to me on my monitor it looks a tad pale perhaps a touch more saturation?

Frog
Mine so can be truly nasty about it :)
I like the contrast of the light wooden "floor" to the dark wood of the frog. I don't like the nearest end of the stick being out of focus and the background is rubbish obviously added in photoshop with a nasty dark edge at the join should have had the light wood continue if possible

Tomatoe?
I think you had a great idea here which doesn't quite work for me because you've not got as close as I'd want. I think you should have only had one quarter/cell in full not being able to follow the cell wall around irritated me or rotate it slightly counter clockwise so the cross was square witht the frame

Spices
This one had me pondering for a while and in all honestly I can't tell you why I don't like it I should nice colour interesting lines but I don't sorry.

Ceramics?
for some reason my eyes head for the blank space between the subjects here instead of to them I think the candle holder? on the left is interesting enough to have been the sole subject

Dollhouse
Out of interest what did you do to this photo? was it photoshoped with a larger semi transparent layer or did you play with a long exposure and the zoom on your camera?

Darth maul
I could decide if the mp3 player lent interest to the photo or was a distration in the end I went with distraction apart from that you've done a brilliant jobI wish I could get my images as clear and punchy

Light
I've not got much to say about this one shot shot has been exposed brilliantly and I'd imagine a light to be unforgiving to small errors. I would have liked to see the whole elipse of the lamp rather than having it cut off at the frame

Well done Anna and richly deserved. :thumb:

Gemok said:
Darth maul
I could decide if the mp3 player lent interest to the photo or was a distration in the end I went with distraction apart from that you've done a brilliant jobI wish I could get my images as clear and punchy

Thanks for taking the time to write the critique. :thumb: It was shot by natural light from a window using a piece of black velvet as the background - actually one of the wife's skirts.:D

Shot with the 50mm 1.4 wide open and it really is a crisp lens.

thanks gemok, it makes it interesting as only the op 3 are known at the moment, lol..but i can tell you that that pink flower really is that pale!

Gemok said:
Bob the builder
I really like this image the OOF cat in the background ballances things nicely and the use of green material (felt?) as a pheudo grass works brilliantly
Thats Pilchard to those in the know :whistle2: and the felt is actually a snooker table. Bob and Wendy are standing on the cush with Pilchard about a foot back! :getmecoat
I was very pleased with the DOF though, as the aim was to have him completely OOF but fully recognisable (50mm F1.8Mk2 @ f3.5).

I was actually trying to get something else but it didnt work out well enough so in desparation turned to Bob and friends ....

Many thanks for taking the time and being brave enough to publish your thoughts :thumb:

Mark

Good observations Gemok. Thanks for sharing them with us - it is always useful to see things how others view them ... and hopefully learn from the experience.

And do you know - try as I might I could not re-process the damn letter box to rid it of the noise !?! It was a NEF file too - just ended up being entirely frustrated and running out of time ... it was fairly late afternoon on the last day ! Teach me to sort it earlier ... next time !

And well done you too !

i will reorder the gallery tomorrow!

He's not defeated he just has a lot of work to do. It seems he has to go through the permissions for all the albums to sort it out. :)

Gemok said:
Dollhouse
Out of interest what did you do to this photo? was it photoshoped with a larger semi transparent layer or did you play with a long exposure and the zoom on your camera?

4 seperate self timed shots... house on its own.....left hand holding...right hand holding ....face inside. All layers then masked the relevant bits out. Good excuse for me to try something like this out ;

Congrats to Anna btw :)

Well done everyone that took part and congratulations to Anna on the first place :)

Congrats Anna, MfWild13 and Gemok! Well done! :)
I found it really difficult to pick my three choices for votes.

ive reordered the galllery, problem with my internut so i will rename the images tomorrow. Everysingle piccy got at least one vote, and not from the ownder either!!!

any ideas on a theme yet Anna?

the gallery now has names added, will get the points up soon

Code:
Venomator				4
Jewel					7
MFWild 13				2
Joe T					12
AnnaBanana				1
Matty					6
Gemok					3
Ghandi					5
Mike Aitken				12
SammyC					10
Bachs					9
Mr Gubby				8
Boon 				        16
DJW					11
CT					15
Robert P				12
Praxis					16

thats what i did before, that whack, man!

joint last, can only get better

Back