RUgby Football League

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I have just had an e-mail from the Rugby Football League warning me not to post images to this site, and I wondered what it was all about.

This is what was said:

"Several photographers are currently in breach of the terms and conditions which prevent them from selling images or using images for non-editorial purposes – specifically the posting of images on messageboards such as talkphotography.co.uk

This practise must stop – photographers who continue to post images on such sites will have their accreditation withdrawn."

Has someone been very naughty, or is there some other history to this?

I assume you must be accredited by the RFL then Pete, theres nothing naughty or no history, the reason for the email is self explanatory, some of us weren't 100% sure of the rules and regs, simple as.

Nice first post though

Last edited:
Yes we all got the same email..;.I was under the impression that if not for sale they could be posted... But it seems not.. None of mine on here ..I did have some on my website with NOT FOR SALE accross them but I ahve removed them just in case.. best to keep on the right side of these things :)

Anyway Pete, welcome to the caring community where saying something valid or doing something someone disagrees with gets you reported to the relevant governing bodies, how childish some people are.

So that's all the top flight RL photos gone from here as well then?

Grrrr, drat! I rather enjoyed them....

.....even if they are the wrong code :LOL: :coat:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

If anything the RFU have been way behind in protecting the image rights.

So who have I got to gain inspiration from now then????? Better get out to the amateur grounds more often now guys. (Yes I know Gary does)

Might have a poor lens but was doing the best I could and learning from those on here the better type of shots to get.

Good job I purchase one paper at least on a Monday. Be a guessing game now though which shots belong to who.

There goes another sport from here.. no pro-football, no pro-basketball, no rugby.. anything else ...

Maybe the Sports section soon needs to have "What is allowed to be posted" on the top of it.

In a way I can understand why they don't want the pics to be posted on photo-forums..
There are ways around posting 'to share' images - if you want to bend the rules just a little bit ;)

What I don't understand is the way these restrictions as to where you can publish images apply.

For example, you can log on to the hundreds or thousands of clubs fans' websites and you'll find loads of pictures from the latest games yet it only seems to be photography related sites that get targeted?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Unofficial sites and forums (non-profit) I'm talking about which I know won't have an end-user licence.

Better get out to the amateur grounds more often now guys. (Yes I know Gary does)

last ones i posted last week where at an amatuer ground.. they dont have the same impact without a massive crowd as backdrop..

Back