Rugby Portrait

Name
Rossco
Edit My Images
No
147326344.jpg

A couple of points for me - he been made up to look like he's playing rugby, yet his hair looks almost perfect. And he could do with a gum shield.

Like the black and white treatment.

Thats a stunning shot, great lighting and fella looks like he's really been playing.
Hair isn't an issue for me but one niggle is the blobs of white to the left of his neck (right as we look at it)...

Simple 3 light set-up - 2 from the rear at 45 degrees, and one hard light centred from above.
The background is dark vinyl, and very hard to keep the wrinkles off it - and any wrinkles will catch stray light, hence the light on the background. I have added a 'blur' to the background to make it less obvious.

Really strong portrait. Would have preferred if he was left of centre but that's just nit picking

I like people photography a lot, and this shot is nice because it presents a range of ideas. I especially like the contrast between the muddy face with a childish look and the muscular right arm holding the rugby. The lightning for this is excellent, maybe the only thing that I would question is the background - what are the chances of a rugby player to be standing in a game-like-look within a studio? This would look excellent and more convincing when done on the training field, especially in the times of autumn.

Last edited:
Back