'Rush Hour' - Long exposure.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a go at something like this a couple of weeks ago (Link to TP thread ...), but didn't really capture the motion blur the way that I had wanted to :|.

This is my latest attempt ...

Rush_Hour_02.jpg

:shrug:

Last edited:
I really like that :)

The bar across the centre is a bit of a pain but I guess there's not much you can do about that.

Great idea despite the bar. Could you have tried to get your tripod above the bar?

Good point :|, I just accepted that the bar was going to get in the way and tried to at least put it on a third :shrug:.

Having looked at this for a while now, I'm thinking that a tighter crop might be better. What do you think?

Rush_Hour_03.jpg

Bar is a pest.

And with shapes that are pretty much symmetrical you need to be so so careful about your composition. The lack of a completely dead-straight camera position doesn't particularly ruin the shot perse, just it would have improved it no end.

Also try a slower shutter speed. You'll get a lot more bulk to your crowd (y)

A lot of what might be considered negative (yet I hope constructive) criticism but this is a shot that has a lot of potential.

Thanks everyone :)!

All comments well and truly noted. I'll definitley have another go at this, from a different angle or a different location, in the near future and see if I can finally nail it (I didn't get right in the previous thread either :D. See link in OP).

Never mind, all good practise (y)!

(P.S. Sean and nigpd, see where I went wrong with the "foreground interest" motif, just like with my "View From a Bridge" shot, also from today ;)? I suppose they call it "foreground interest" because it's supposed to be interesting :p)!?

Last edited:
Back