Sailing photography

Name
barry
Edit My Images
Yes
So the other week I went out to pitsford and took some photos while I was there of the local sailing club boats out on the water.

I sent them some pictures that I had taken and long and short I have been invited to take some photos

does anyone have any experience with taking photos of sail boats and some tips and advice on getting better shots, I have never done anything like this,

Well done that man!

Don't be tempted to change batteries, memory cards, or lenses over the water either. ;)

That did make me laugh, but very true.
It's something that needs constant awareness, too easy to step back without looking, only to find you're swimming, and if on a boat/pontoon or similar, they rock when people move, and easy to lose your balance when your eye if up to the viewfinder.

Salt water is the cameras enemy, I'd suggest some sort of waterproof camera case, you can get fairly cheep ones for just spray or a quick "dip" you dont need divers kit... I hope.
Having spent a lot of time on boats of one sort or another, dont be fooled into thinking you'll stay dry on a bigger boat, and wear a life jacket!

Back