Salford Lads Club

Nice one:)"There is a light and it never goes out"

I made another visit whilst on route to Manchester yesterday (look at my other thread for those pics). This trip was prompted by the arrival of my Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fisheye, a lens that I knew would be great for this place.

So here are some more photos, and this time I got to go inside-

The Salford Lads Club by Niall97, on Flickr

Boxing Gym by Niall97, on Flickr

The Salford Lads Club Inside by Niall97, on Flickr

The Salford Lads Club Sports Hall by Niall97, on Flickr

The Smiths Room by Niall97, on Flickr

The Smiths Room by Niall97, on Flickr

Hi Niall. The Smiths are the greatest band that ever tread this planet. Your shots are very nice indeed, the mono and the fisheye of the building itself are superb. All of the fisheye shots are very effective. Good work.

Hi Niall. The Smiths are the greatest band that ever tread this planet. Your shots are very nice indeed, the mono and the fisheye of the building itself are superb. All of the fisheye shots are very effective. Good work.

Haha I guessed that you were a fan from your name ;) I agree with you to be honest, nobody else was so influential. Not many bands, if any, have such an interesting background to their music.

Thanks for the feedback on the photos!

I think you have really captured the atmosphere of this place.

Not a Smith's fan mind you. The crappest band one can think of. The vocal skills of Morrissey are dire let alone the mans lyrical skills! :)

Your opinion is in a very finite minority, Kev. Everybody in music respects the lyrical abilities of Morrissey, so I'd like to hear your reasoning behind it as well as your tastes in music considering such an unusual opinion.

But thanks for the feedback.

If a double decker bus, crashes into us...............so moving!!!!!

hang the dj, hang the dj, hang the dj, haaaaang the dj........such lyrical mastery

It brings tears to my eyes. I am of course half joking here so lets not get too serious! :) Mind you, its a majority opinion. hehehehehe

Anyway, I thought I best apologise. I did not mean to offend, not my intent. I certainly did not realise that everyone in music respected the lyrical abilities of Morrissey mind you. My apologies.

Your images are good.

Last edited:
None taken :) I was just quite confused since nearly everybody I’ve seen interviews with who are asked about him always sing his praises, so you were the first person I’ve come across to say they’re tripe. Some say the Smiths were more influential than the Beetles so from that you can deduce that they mustn’t be crap in the wider opinion, that’s all :p

More influential than the Beatles and Lennon. My opinion certainly would not take me there. I think the Smiths were rather a cult band. Again only my opinion, but the lyrics were weak. Unless there is deep meaning that I have missed? Their cult status elevated their importance. Lennon will be remembered in 100 years. Morrissey will not. I never called the Smiths tripe.

:)

Last edited:
Oh I wasn’t quoting you there when I said tripe, that was just what you were implying :p

But yeah I respect your opinion, just a lot of people might disagree. I like the Beatles and the Smiths, the Beatles were undeniably more high profile but in terms of changing music at the time, as well as having spin off effects such as Johnny Marr having involvement with the starting of Oasis, then they were more influential IMO.

But we better leave this debate before we get away from the images :p

Really like the b&w images here, especially the boxing room shot. What works in these shots is the way you've captured the light, bravo for that!

Back