Samyang 8mm Fisheye, first shots, MTB

Name
Alex Tyler
Edit My Images
Yes
So i got the Samyang fisheye in the post today, well left behind a flower pot in the garden :bat: , but managed to get out with a mate n have a mess about with it before it got dark.

Wasn't out to long so what only really messing with it on this one corner.

5600738069_fdd618955f_z.jpg

Full size image can be found on my flickr, link in my sig.

Thanks for looking, any thoughts or critque welcome.

Tyler

Last edited:
brill. seeing more and more shots on fisheyes recently... don't know whether they come and go as a bit of a fad but i'm certainly getting envy!! i want!

great shot there, bet you can't wait to get cracking with it (y)... how come the exif doesn't show any aperture? just ISO400, 50mm FL, 1/160th.

brill. seeing more and more shots on fisheyes recently... don't know whether they come and go as a bit of a fad but i'm certainly getting envy!! i want!

great shot there, bet you can't wait to get cracking with it (y)... how come the exif doesn't show any aperture? just ISO400, 50mm FL, 1/160th.

The lens is fully manual, focus and aperture. This was shot at f/5.6 in case your wondering. And it says 50mm for some reason but its a 8mm :shrug:

I was toying with one of these for exactly that type of shot, thats pretty much convinced me!

It is hard to miss focus with this lens. Anything from 1m to infinity is always sharp. When you find the sweet spot of yours there is little need to change the focus, only the aperture.

Its a great shot and a great use of this lens.

Welcome to the Samyang Appreciation Society Tyler.:)

Thanks for the comments. (y)

It is hard to miss focus with this lens. Anything from 1m to infinity is always sharp. When you find the sweet spot of yours there is little need to change the focus, only the aperture.

Its a great shot and a great use of this lens.

Welcome to the Samyang Appreciation Society Tyler.:)

Yes this was just left at infinite, when moving the focus ring very little changes so checked it on live view n that seemed the best.

Looks like it worked really well, great timing, lighting and composition! How do you find the lens for sharpness when looking it at real world size rather then reduced for web?

Not to bad at all, very surprised with it. This shot was at 1/160th but the flash froze him but still very sharp.

The full size is on my flickr is you want to pixel peep, click on the picture on flickr then view all sizes in the top right.

super good photo, did you use a flash ? how did the riders react to that, if you did ?

Great shot there

R33SY

super good photo, did you use a flash ? how did the riders react to that, if you did ?

Yep two flashes one in front and one behind, more dtailed info on flashes on my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler138/5600738069/

Pixel peeping over...... I must say that this has done a surprisingly good job, I'm impressed. What sort of price does this bad boy go for, it might have some interesting uses?

They all seem about the same on shebay at about £220.

This was at f/5.6 n gets sharper at f/8 / 11 but thats not to good for mtb in the woods so the flashes helped out a bit.

interesting, nice shot

Last edited:
Back