San Francisco - Panoramas

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Just two panorama's i finally got round to sticking together! I took these January Last year... that is how lazy i have been haha Terrible!

San Francisco, CA
by Stuart-Saunders, on Flickr

San Francisco, CA
by Stuart-Saunders, on Flickr

They have turned out ok, a little over exposed in places and a lot of dead space.

I'm just happy they stitched nicely! :D

Last edited:
I prefer the 1st image over the 2nd, just more colour and I love the bridge on the right though I absolutely love the clouds in the 2nd image.

F8/F9 is a bit narrow for DOF on a landscape like this though, I would have shot at F11-F16 to get more detail in - especially if you're getting these printed up large. Lovely scenes and am very jealous you got some shots of a cracking place.

Query though, in the first, at the bridge - is that sun rays creating the effect from the bridge (a shadow? perhaps) ?

Very nice

I like the first - Not being familiar with the location it helps to get a feel for the relationship between the Golden Gate / SF / Alcatraz

Very nice

I like the first - Not being familiar with the location it helps to get a feel for the relationship between the Golden Gate / SF / Alcatraz

And to think that day i walked from my hotel just 2 block down from the Transamerica Pyramid all the way to where i am taking this Photo... and back haha

The place is huge and amazing

I like No2 (y)

Interesting images. I'm thinking of touring the west USA starting in San Francisco. Any recommendations of must see places?

Interesting images. I'm thinking of touring the west USA starting in San Francisco. Any recommendations of must see places?

If in San Francisco then obviously "Alcatraz", & "Fishermans Wharf", and then get the small tour bus from between the Wharf & "Pier 39" (which is also well worth visiting) and get on across the "Golden Gate Bridge" it stops at a viewing area just over the bridge which is excellent for photography shots of the Bay, and then gets on down into "Sausalito which is beautiful and where the late Robin Williams used to live.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I think you have some great panos on your flickr, better than what you have posted here. Don't drop to F11-16, the diffraction will give a far inferior result. F8-9 was perfect.

Was at the same carpark in August and the first is the best for me!

F8/F9 is a bit narrow for DOF on a landscape like this though, I would have shot at F11-F16 to get more detail in - especially if you're getting these printed up large. Lovely scenes and am very jealous you got some shots of a cracking place.

Slightly odd advice given that there is no real fore ground in either picture so everything is basically at infinity focus on a wide ish angle then f8/9 should give plenty of dof and sharper results.

Back on subject for me you need more in a panorama you have ended up with too much sky and sea and not enough detail for me.

Both good images but I favour the 1st image. Besides the colour I like the Golden Gate Bridge as the leadin.

Back