Sandbanks Sunset

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this this a couple of weeks ago during the heatwave when every night we where blessed with the most beautiful sunset over Sandbanks in Dorset. DSC07487-01.jpeg

It's a nice scene, but to my eyeit seems that it was underexposed for the sky and then the foreground recovered in post. The two areas just don't gel and there's some haloing.

It's a nice scene, but to my eyeit seems that it was underexposed for the sky and then the foreground recovered in post. The two areas just don't gel and there's some haloing.

Thanks, I'll have another play with editing

Here's another picture, not sure if this is any better. I only have a Samsung tablet and a couple of free editing apps to edit my pictures, which are fine for me. DSC07484-01-02.jpeg

Last edited:
I still think that the fundamental problem is the overall underexposure used to try to get the kind of colours that aren't naturally there with the sun still so far above setting.
In reality, this scene would still have been in full daylight. Golden hour, maybe, but sunset...no.

I still think that the fundamental problem is the overall underexposure used to try to get the kind of colours that aren't naturally there with the sun still so far above setting.
In reality, this scene would still have been in full daylight. Golden hour, maybe, but sunset...no.

Appreciate you taking the time to give me advise

Back