Sanyo Eneloop 2400 mha

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Last year i looked at Sanyo Eneloop Batteries for my flash gun on Amazon and dumped them in the Wish list as you do.

Finally decided to purchase 8 with charger and 2 plastic containers to hold the Batteries.

It would appear they have either brought out a newer 2400 mah version or i missed them first time round :(
Link Here

My question is has anyone used these higher 2400 mAh versions (opposed to 1800 mAh) in a Flashgun with no ill effect.
I don't want to fudge my SB 910 as they aint cheap :runaway:

They're the same voltage- just last longer on a charge. That said Sanyo gives them a 3rd of the lifespan in terms of the number of charges compared to the 2000 mah ones. Won't do any harm, but may not be the best buy.

They are the only ones I use, in SB900 and SB800, have been for last 18 mths with no ill effects and actually bought 2 more sets at the end of July, they have been excellent and no signs of the life span shortening yet either despite heavy use.

ETA: Sorry, just reread that, I mean, there is no sign of lifespan of original 2 sets shortening, not the new ones, obviously ;)

Last edited:
I find quoted lifespans are massively exaggerated. I've thrown away a lot of dead rechargeables over the years- and I doubt any had been charged more than a 100 times.

Last year i looked at Sanyo Eneloop Batteries for my flash gun on Amazon and dumped them in the Wish list as you do.

Finally decided to purchase 8 with charger and 2 plastic containers to hold the Batteries.

It would appear they have either brought out a newer 2400 mah version or i missed them first time round :(
Link Here

My question is has anyone used these higher 2400 mAh versions (opposed to 1800 mAh) in a Flashgun with no ill effect.
I don't want to fudge my SB 910 as they aint cheap :runaway:

I use the XX Eneloops in everything. They're brilliant. Don't worry about the 500 cycles compared to whatever the white eneloops are. Even if you cycle them every day (which you wont) then they'll last over a year. A tenner a year isn't really a problem.

Either the white Eneloops or the XX are superb though, and will stay charged for very long periods.

If you KNOW you're shooting though, so can plan and charge batteries before you go, you're actually better off with normal high capacity NiMh cells. The advantage of Eneloops for me is the fact that I can grab and go with confidence that the batteries are not flat... like sometimes happens with normal NiMh cells after a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yv
I find quoted lifespans are massively exaggerated. I've thrown away a lot of dead rechargeables over the years- and I doubt any had been charged more than a 100 times.

What are you using to charge them?

It's worth investing in a decent charger such as this if you're a regular user. Most problems with rechargeable batteries are caused by cheap chargers.
I've got a few sets of Duracell 2450mAh AAs which are 3 or 4 years old and still give their quoted capacity when I run a full charge/discharge refresh cycle on the charger.

I use the XX Eneloops in everything. They're brilliant. Don't worry about the 500 cycles compared to whatever the white eneloops are. Even if you cycle them every day (which you wont) then they'll last over a year. A tenner a year isn't really a problem.

Either the white Eneloops or the XX are superb though, and will stay charged for very long periods.

If you KNOW you're shooting though, so can plan and charge batteries before you go, you're actually better off with normal high capacity NiMh cells. The advantage of Eneloops for me is the fact that I can grab and go with confidence that the batteries are not flat... like sometimes happens with normal NiMh cells after a few weeks.

Thanks, Thinking about it 500 cycles is a fair number for a non pro user.......

It's worth investing in a decent charger such as this if you're a regular user. Most problems with rechargeable batteries are caused by cheap chargers.
I've got a few sets of Duracell 2450mAh AAs which are 3 or 4 years old and still give their quoted capacity when I run a full charge/discharge refresh cycle on the charger.

Thanks for the link as my next question was what charger to use to get the best from the Enoloops..

More money :)

google eneloop and the wiki page has a really good history of the battery especially the latest generation product line.

the 2400mha is the high capacity version where the 2000mha is the standard one. the latest revision of both type seems to be released in 2013 by panasonic...rebranded. however the high capacity ones has a much reduced life cycle only 500 when compared with 2000 cycles for the 3rd gen standard one. so i would go for the standard capacity. I also had the high capacity ones failed on me, i.e. they wont charge that was about a year of usage...not had a problem with the standard capacity yet.

in terms of the charger you need a smart charger which is capable to 700ma charge and with individual channels. the charger should have functions such as "Discharge" "test" "charge" and ability to set different charging current.

Thanks, Thinking about it 500 cycles is a fair number for a non pro user.......

Thanks for the link as my next question was what charger to use to get the best from the Enoloops..

More money :)

The Powerex Maha C9000 comes highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Back