Sarsparilla Anyone

The old market in Blackburn just lost it's sarsaparilla stall that had been there since I was a kid and my father was a child.Bit gutted really because I wanted to take my little lad to it so he would sample the great taste of sarsaparilla and say the same to his son..Ahhh well.

Also nice picture.:)

Thanks for the comments.

This was taken at the show at Danson Park last Sunday. I bought a 2nd hand 5D last week and this was only the second outing with it. Dont think I quite caught the focus right on this. It seems to be slightly sharper on the rim of the hat.

i lke it, only thing that spoils it for me are the plastic bottles in the bottom left, takes away from the "image" of the old seller

blacks look a little grey and the wb looks a tad warm, but he looks like an interesting chap :)

I never failed to visit the stall when i lived in Blackburn , my kids also loved the stuff when i used to visit , i was very freindly with the last owner of the stall , if it was Walshes and i believe it was peter who carried on the buisness from his mother.

Vokeyuk
Thanks for the comments. I included the bottles intentionally as I wanted to give some context to the old gent but I agree that they are not quite right. Changed crop a bit.

Harvey_nikon
Thanks. Spot on. Decrease the wb from 5600 to 3600 and increased the blacks fron 5 to 10. What do you think?

IMG_7590.jpg by steveflegg, on Flickr

Last edited:
I never failed to visit the stall when i lived in Blackburn , my kids also loved the stuff when i used to visit , i was very freindly with the last owner of the stall , if it was Walshes and i believe it was peter who carried on the buisness from his mother.

Yeah that was the name of the stall...Shame that he never moved to the new market.

Originally Posted by den

Yeah that was the name of the stall...Shame that he never moved to the new market...

Wow! The sarsaparilla tag caught my eye and what a coincidence!
I used to live a few doors down from Peter when I was 7 - Roll on 40 years and I popped into the market and spotted the sarsaparilla stall. Had a glass and a chat and Peter recognised me and even remembered my name.
A top man and a very nice family business that will be sadly missed. :)

+1 on that and if i remember he used to frequent the royal oak in pleckgate and he married trish a friend of one of my ex girlfriends .

Back