saw this...

Seen it and looks great :)

This style of photography is quite common in Spain and some of the stuff coming from there is stunning. Something I'm getting quite into at the moment and trying to work something out with black foxes

They also use it through the day which opens further opportunities ;)

Interesting find, would like to know more about the actual setup :)

That's a great image. In the uk Jamie Hall seems to be the pro who is leading the camera trap sector at present. He has some good stuff on his website.

I saw this image on his twitter the other day, a different view to most little owl images.

https://mobile.BANNED/jamiehallphoto/status/624461659155922944/photo/1

I like American Martin at end. That owl shot is incredible how did they get that?

Using a remote infrared trigger set up at a now trail mark or landing point will get those results.

Ones sold in the UK aren't sensitive or quick enough for some results as the beam has to be bounced back from a receiver. Well the ones I've seen and spoken to people about. There is a couple but have to be made for you that don't require a bounce back receiver and work when the beam is broken

They can be used to get stunning shots of bats skimming water surface while drinking. A friend us currently working with long-eared owls and results are fantastic. Coming to land with prey etc.

steven dalton has been doing this for years...and probable the best in the business..http://www.stephendalton.co.uk/gallery_87321.html
Ive not heard of him before but some of those images are great. It's a shame that it sounds like he gave up on that kind of photography a while ago because of wind, rain and vandals. I have heard of photographers finding these set ups and crawling through pretending to be animals, at least it's better than having it stolen and gave the other person and idea their set up had been found as well as some comical images.

Ive not heard of him before but some of those images are great. It's a shame that it sounds like he gave up on that kind of photography a while ago because of wind, rain and vandals. I have heard of photographers finding these set ups and crawling through pretending to be animals, at least it's better than having it stolen and gave the other person and idea their set up had been found as well as some comical images.
I got a few of his books, before i started photography, fantastic shots in them..he also tells you how he set up these shots and what equipment he used and made..

Back