Scarbrough Sunset

Edit My Images
Yes
9479270763_fd934c10ed_c.jpg
[/url] DSC_0308 by AdamWilkinson007, on Flickr[/IMG]

what could i have done better please and what is good with this as well?

(sorry about copyright logo still looking into best way of doing them)

Nice colours, but nothing really of interest there. Doesn't look level to me, so you could start with straightening it (y)

Nice colours, but nothing really of interest there. Doesn't look level to me, so you could start with straightening it (y)

Thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated I will post some with a Castle in later

Would have never noticed it wasn't level completely oblivious , will look into how to making a photo level in post processing

Steep learning curves ahead :)

Pretty image that yes, need straightening.
And the copyright mark kills it stone dead.

I really do like the colours that you've got. As has been said before - It really could to with a subject to focus attention - a silhouetted tree or whatever, a bit of a straighten-up and, definitely, losing the really ugly copyright logo.

thanks guys

do people not tend to use these copyright logos to protect their work then? is there a better way or just to keep the original image size withheld ?

thanks guys

do people not tend to use these copyright logos to protect their work then? is there a better way or just to keep the original image size withheld ?

I don't mean to be rude at all but I am guessing you're quite new to SLR photography?

What makes you think that people will want to rip off your work and print it out, resell it etc?

The ridiculously large watermark makes it very difficult to judge the subject.

Joe Cornish, who I am sure you'll agree, is one of the finest landscape photographers in the country, if not the world, has his work up on his site without watermark, and if anyone was likely to have it stolen it would be him. http://www.joecornishgallery.co.uk/

Regarding the photograph, as others have said, it isn't level (in your editing software you'll be able to rule a line across the horizon and straighten it) and it needs some kind of focal point, a foreground etc.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I hope you'll take it in the way intended, to help you progress.

ETA If you're in Scarborough join us at the Photographic Society, meeting at the Friends Meeting House, near the hospital, you'll learn plenty.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude at all but I am guessing you're quite new to SLR photography?

What makes you think that people will want to rip off your work and print it out, resell it etc?

The ridiculously large watermark makes it very difficult to judge the subject.

Joe Cornish, who I am sure you'll agree, is one of the finest landscape photographers in the country, if not the world, has his work up on his site without watermark, and if anyone was likely to have it stolen it would be him. http://www.joecornishgallery.co.uk/

Regarding the photograph, as others have said, it isn't level (in your editing software you'll be able to rule a line across the horizon and straighten it) and it needs some kind of focal point, a foreground etc.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I hope you'll take it in the way intended, to help you progress.

ETA If you're in Scarborough join us at the Photographic Society, meeting at the Friends Meeting House, near the hospital, you'll learn plenty.

not harsh at all this is the useful information i am looking for to improve so thanks for that :)

I have seen a lot of peoples work ripped of all over the internet, granted mine is not good enough to even be ripped of yet :LOL: but still someone might try. Great link to the website noticed he keeps all his images quite small but they do look a lot better without the watermarks (i will rethink this whole watermark and try and come up with a better method if even bothering at all)

Thank you for the kind offer but unfortunately i was only on holiday there

not harsh at all this is the useful information i am looking for to improve so thanks for that :)

I have seen a lot of peoples work ripped of all over the internet, granted mine is not good enough to even be ripped of yet :LOL: but still someone might try. Great link to the website noticed he keeps all his images quite small but they do look a lot better without the watermarks (i will rethink this whole watermark and try and come up with a better method if even bothering at all)

Thank you for the kind offer but unfortunately i was only on holiday there

Glad you took it as intended.

I hope you enjoyed Scarborough, until recently my home.

I personally don't bother with watermarks, I just hunt down anyone misusing them like the dogs they are :bonk:

Glad you took it as intended.

I hope you enjoyed Scarborough, until recently my home.

I personally don't bother with watermarks, I just hunt down anyone misusing them like the dogs they are :bonk:

it was brilliant thanks always have fun there !

it must a record for seagull crap everywhere though

is this straight now ?

No. Two easy options:

1. Make a new layer on photoshop and put a line there, edit until straight to the line, save without the line.

2. Open the Jpeg in CameraRAW (using Bridge) and then use the Straightening tool.

EvA1lXD.jpg

Thanks both for your help but just carnt seem to get this simple thing done is the line in the right place ?
cLd8q.jpg

Back