Schedule 1 bird license (Kingfisher)

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I’ve recently applied for a schedule 1 bird license from the environmental health agency a couple of weeks ago, to allow me to photograph kingfishers during the breeding season. They’ve assessed my application and said that I’ve passed all the relevant content to grant me a license if only I can get recommendations from two other schedule 1 license holders. Due to this they’ve put my license on hold for the time been.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to obtain the recommendations or if anyone with a schedule 1 license would be able to advise me on how they achieved been granted this responsibility and privilege.

Thanks for any assistance and thanks for taking the time to read this thread

king_111.jpg

king_22.jpg

Cheers Richard

I too was going to apply and reading the application guidelines:

- it says that you should include written references from two people who are familiar with your work, ability to work with the species, including the methods of working and equipment proposed .............. "ideally" they should be people who have held a similar licence in the last three years.

So if you have 2 other buddies who can provide a written reference for you even if they have no licence, I think that should be okay.

A first point of contact might be your local birding club or association,although I doubt if they will be falling over themselves to offer a reference if you are not known to them.An email to your county recorder might be of help,he would no doubt know exactly who holds a sched.1 license and might put you in touch with them.

This was a section of the email i received from naturalengland,

"As you have stated that you do not know any other schedule 1 license holders we would be willing to consider reference letters from other individuals [ perhaps a nature reserve warden or other professional working in a similar field] who are in a position to comment on your knowledge of kingfishers and how you go about your work without disturbing them".

i was wondering if anyone had gone down this similar route and what success they had encountered. Any information would be helpful to get me moving forward again.

Thanks for the comments already just thought i'd add what they said to clarify what they would consider accepting.

Thanks for any help.

P.S ian thanks for the bean bag come in handy a few times saves carrying the tripod.(y)

Back