School photography flash kit

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, A friend ;) no really, has just landed a school contract, I said I will help out with his first assignment, there will 1550 kids to photograph so a rock solid flash system will be needed I think, I was looking at the Gemini 500C Tx/Rx Kit, I already have the back drop he can use and a Quantuum R+600 if needed.

I feel this kit would be a good choice but I have no experience with this many shots over two days, would they hold up to the task?

Thanks if you can help with any advice.

Steve

I don't think you'll have a problem, it's not actually a great deal of shots as presumably more time will be spent getting the subject in place than taking a ton of photos of them. If reliability is a concern get double the amount of heads.

Use nothing under a Bowens or Elinchrome. You need fast recycle and most cheaper makes can't cope with the pace of shooting bulk. 1550 is a walk in the park by lunchtime and home in time for cornflakes. Most schools want you in and out.

We do triple pose as old fashioned one limits sales. also I'm guessing it's a senior school that size. surprised you are shooting to QR/Barcode names to SIMS for them.

1500 is a two shooter job as well or you will be knackered and take all day........ if not longer...............................

Use nothing under a Bowens or Elinchrome. You need fast recycle and most cheaper makes can't cope with the pace of shooting bulk. 1550 is a walk in the park by lunchtime and home in time for cornflakes. Most schools want you in and out.

We do triple pose as old fashioned one limits sales. also I'm guessing it's a senior school that size. surprised you are shooting to QR/Barcode names to SIMS for them.

1500 is a two shooter job as well or you will be knackered and take all day........ if not longer...............................

This man knows what he's talking about :)

Back