Scotland tour with Heaven's Basement

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent Easter touring around Scotland, taking in Inverness, Wick, Fort William and the Isle of Skye as the boys did their gigs. Used no flash at all and mostly shot at ISO 1600.

Met some great people.......and got a few landscapes too! These are a few of the gig shots.
3449062884_0ecb624545.jpg

3448225819_bc2ddd265b.jpg

3448218081_2cb3ae6877.jpg

3448952946_b1da782220.jpg

3448145929_52e457dec0.jpg

3448948266_112d7d8065.jpg

The full set (so far) are here:

htthttp://www.flickr.com/photos/photostar_1/sets/72157616633181984/p://

Thanks for looking! C&C very welcome.

4 & 6 are nice shots
1 is good but just off a little in composition
3 is far too dark, not enough back light, but i understand the shot you went for
5 there is too much dead space to the right and not enough detail in the artists face

Some nice shots, maybe with a little PP would be crackers!

Mike

Thanks for the comments. I don't know if it's the compression for web, but they really don't look so dark in the originals on my screen, and you can see the guitar quite clearly in shot 5. Sorry they seem so dark on here.

Despite the observations from others, I have to say that #3 is my favourite. When do we see your landscape shots? If they're as good as these they should be great.

Good set, caught the energy of the evening very well.

Only just seen this thread :bang:

I saw Heaven's Basement at a small pub in York supporting Sign a few months ago. They blew Sign off the stage!!!

Great gig and HB are a massively photogenic band, I would love the opportunity to photograph them properly as opposed to on my ****** camera phone.

Brilliant band, brilliant performers and brilliant showmen.

You lucky B**tard!!! ;)

Only just seen this thread :bang:

I saw Heaven's Basement at a small pub in York supporting Sign a few months ago. They blew Sign off the stage!!!

Great gig and HB are a massively photogenic band, I would love the opportunity to photograph them properly as opposed to on my ****** camera phone.

Brilliant band, brilliant performers and brilliant showmen.

You lucky B**tard!!! ;)

Take a look on the lads myspace page at the gig list and then pop along one night when they are near you. You'll know me by my Talk Photography neck strap!! (If I'm there!!) ;) http://www.myspace.com/heavensbasementofficial

I'm listening to their music player on there right now!!

Back