Scotland v France U20s Six Nations

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Very disappointing performance from the Scots young guns which was followed by an equally poor one from the big team. Snapping the U20s and at Murrayfield watching the game today. Hopefully my fitba team do better tomorrow
_A9_8947 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_8532 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_8528 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_8217 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_7731 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_7474 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_7441 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_6922 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Great Action shots but most of us are not allowed to get to a position to take such shots.

Dave

Great Action shots but most of us are not allowed to get to a position to take such shots.

Dave
That is true but your local teams playing in sports fields make equally good images and you can usually stand on the sidelines there. Even so, a fastish long zoom doesn't go amiss, I use a 80mm - 400mm Nikon.

Last edited:

Dave
Plenty sport on just now and most clubs are happy to allow photographers. Do it regularly and you will make contacts and get a chance of shooting bigger games. The action is similar regardless so you are in a position to take shots like this, probably better as this is floodlit so the light isn't great

I have taken some shots in local sports fields but the difference is huge. For example when jumping for a line out, it is not untypical for the two jumpers and the ball to be in three different places. Some years ago, I was able to photograph an under 18 international locally England v Wales and, though they were very young, they were easy to photograph as they behaved like professionals. I have got permission to take photographs at our local premier Rugby Ground now but only from the normal seating in the ground. The only reason I have not attended this season is due to COVID.

Dave

I have taken some shots in local sports fields but the difference is huge. For example when jumping for a line out, it is not untypical for the two jumpers and the ball to be in three different places. Some years ago, I was able to photograph an under 18 international locally England v Wales and, though they were very young, they were easy to photograph as they behaved like professionals. I have got permission to take photographs at our local premier Rugby Ground now but only from the normal seating in the ground. The only reason I have not attended this season is due to COVID.

Dave
I have photographed lots of games at lots of levels from young kids up. There is always action to be photographed and good quality club sides have well organised line outs etc. In fact my sons U18 side had line outs that would have looked similar to the ones at the game this thread is on. The backgrounds with crowds are the main difference but some local pitches have much cleaner backgrounds, so swings and roundabouts

Back