Scottish weather!!!

Peter B

Double Numpty
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
The Knockan shot was taken at 11 degrees on Saturday afternoon while returning home after 2 weeks of pretty wet & windy weather in Assynt, while the Slioch one was taken on Wednesday on a day of cloudless skies and 20 degrees. Ah well, such is the photographer's lot. ;)

Stormy Knockan by Northsnapper, on Flickr

Golden hour Slioch by Northsnapper, on Flickr

Suggestions for improvements welcomed!

Last edited:
Love no1.
Beautiful light, good composition.

I'd consider cloning out the pole by the road bottom left, and maybe the two posts just to the left of it...

and then maybe the road... :)
To be honest, they are distractions and don't add anything to the scene.

As for no2, it's a beautiful place but I just don't think the light is right.
It's great to be up there on such a wonderful day, as long as the midges stayed away.

It's a case of hanging around for hours or getting up at 4.00am and hoping.
If it is your job- it goes with the territory. If your just passing- it's a waste of a day waiting for 'the light'.

As for no2, it's a beautiful place but I just don't think the light is right.
It's great to be up there on such a wonderful day, as long as the midges stayed away.

Yesterday was a treat to myself for day out in the warm sunshine to recce locations as I'm not really familiar with the area, and also to take some shots on a lens I might be selling. I'd seen this location in the blue light of day and went for it on the road back when it seemed likely that the sunset on the coast might be disappointing, and I was only there for about 10 or 15 mins before the sun and the warm light was gone. A reasonable breeze took care of the midges, so that was a plus point.:)

Yesterday was a treat to myself for day out in the warm sunshine to recce locations as I'm not really familiar with the area, and also to take some shots on a lens I might be selling. I'd seen this location in the blue light of day and went for it on the road back when it seemed likely that the sunset on the coast might be disappointing, and I was only there for about 10 or 15 mins before the sun and the warm light was gone. A reasonable breeze took care of the midges, so that was a plus point.:)
It's growing on me. no2 that is.
There are some beautiful colours there.

Back