Seals at Donna Nook, Lincolnshire

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Am really looking forward to going back to Donna Nook to see the Seals, the first Pup has just been born, (23rd) they will be coming fast and furious shortly.

To get everyone in the Spirit of this wonderful time on the Lincolnshire Coast, here are a few from last year.

Playing Hide and Seek

2 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

What you Looking At?

6 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

Give us a Kiss then

9 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

Who Woke Me Up?

16 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

All this Sleeping and Milk Drinking is Hard Work.

18 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

Come on then, if you think your'e Hard Enough!!

19 by pelliott1954, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Very nice set Paul and they are really beautiful creatures, there eyes really seem to convey a real sense of emotion don't they?

Thanks very much Steve and Alan for having a look and leaving a comment.

I would encourage anyone who feels they are close enough to the Lincolnshire Coast to visit, it really is a Magical time, mid to end of November especially.

Regards Paul

Super shots Paul. I reckon you will be hard pressed to better those this year.

Stan

Thanks Stan and Mandy for having a look and leaving a comment, appreciated as always.

Regards Paul

Great set, I love this place, looking forward to popping over at the beginning of December. We went Christmas eve a couple of years ago and it was very quiet but we were treated to a few big bulls getting very nasty with each other, it was quite a contrast to the lovely fluffy pups.

Have only been thinking about trying to get across there again this year these past few days. Did my first visit last year and had fun watching the births, fights between bulls then some mothers getting protective with other mother if they came too close to their pups.

Di

Nice set, especially #2 with the turnstone(?)

Thanks Mike, Dean, Di and New2me for stopping by and leaving a comment, I appreciate your time.

I would encourage anyone who is close enough to go to Donna Nook to have a look at this Annual Spectacle, it can be quite a moving experience being able to watch them give birth at close quarters.

Regards Paul

Thanks John for looking and taking the time to leave a comment, much appreciated.

As an update, at the last count on Saturday 2nd November there were 30 Pups, 85 Cows and 82 Bulls, the numbers are growing rapidly now.

Regards Paul

Great set love the colours and captures and there so sharp what kit was you using. I want to get over this year I would be over the moon to be able to get shots like yours

Nice set Paul,
Visited this Sunday..3 hour drive and well worth it.So much so that I am going back this Sunday with my daughter.
It is a real privilege to observe these beautiful creatures at close hand, only saddens me that more of the visitors didnt think the same, passing people and hearing "this is boring" or "all they do is sleep" had me biting my tongue.
Regards
John

Thanks Kevin and John for your kind comments, Kevin, I was using a Canon 7D and a 300mm F4L Lens.

As an update, the Seal Count taken on Saturday 9th there were 200 Pups, 300 Bulls and 400 Cows, should be well worth going now, there will be some Pups just born and some a few weeks old and moving around a bit more.

Regards Paul

Back