weekly Seaodyssey's 52 in 2023 Week 52 Pick of 2023 Completed

T'is broken. Done well to get the branch to stand out from the background.

(Having typed that, I then read your comment under the image!!) I think that it stands out enough. :D

I’d be full after eating that too, good hearty food spot on for the theme

That does look really good - couldn;t be more on theme!

Oooft! WANT!

Good stuff Pete. Thought you'de done this week's at first glance :)

Good stuff Pete. Thought you'de done this week's at first glance :)
First thoughts agreed with Dave, you've done tunnel already!

Got the patterns in the roof and also the graffiti either side. I'd have struggled to not put the two green lines in the corners though!

Nice shot Pete - another one who thought you'd combined patterns and tunnel!

That's nice, love the angle.
It was not the first one I took.
First thoughts agreed with Dave, you've done tunnel already!

Got the patterns in the roof and also the graffiti either side. I'd have struggled to not put the two green lines in the corners though!
I could not get those lines in the right place, as above it took more than 1 shot, I tried from both ends of the bridge as well.
Nice shot Pete - another one who thought you'd combined patterns and tunnel!
Thanks Simon.

Thank you all for taking time to think and comment.

Pete

Patterns: I really like this one Pete, the lines overhead lead the viewer into the image, it would have worked for this week's theme as well
Tunnel: I like it but find it a little dark, maybe it lost shadow definition when you uploaded it to the forum?

Patterns: I really like this one Pete, the lines overhead lead the viewer into the image, it would have worked for this week's theme as well
Tunnel: I like it but find it a little dark, maybe it lost shadow definition when you uploaded it to the forum?
It is a dark place, maybe I should have kept it in colour.

Pete

Yep - works for me that :)

Tunnel looks great - nicely aligned under the row of lights. Feels like its on a bit of a slope though.

If I may comment on settings... You've gotten away with the ISOat 3200, and doesn't look blurry even though only 1/30s. You could have opened up the aperture a bit more to help both of those though?

Patterns and Tunnel. You could have done 2 for 1 on the patterns shot! Two good shots but both seem a little skew to me. Mind you, could be my eyesight :)

Tunnel looks great - nicely aligned under the row of lights. Feels like its on a bit of a slope though.

If I may comment on settings... You've gotten away with the ISOat 3200, and doesn't look blurry even though only 1/30s. You could have opened up the aperture a bit more to help both of those though?
Hi Graham

I was just cutting through, and it was bright sunlight outside,, I spotted the tunnel was nearly empty, stood in the middle and took the shot, people came past and that was that.
I did not have time to change the aperture

Thanks for the comment and observation.
Pete

Patterns and Tunnel. You could have done 2 for 1 on the patterns shot! Two good shots but both seem a little skew to me. Mind you, could be my eyesight :)
Hi Helen

The pattern one is straight, I lined the grid up with the crop tool, but could not improve the path edge bits.

On the Tunnel I did the same with the lights but it was more askew. To be fair its under a road bridge and they are a bit skew in real life and I was not dead in the middle.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Pete

Back