Seascapes from north Devon coast

Name
fred
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of seascapes on a lovely evening.
Please let me know your thoughts.

872101784_UvuXE-L.jpg

872101395_s4Zha-L.jpg

Thanks

Fred

Last edited:
Cracking couple you have there....

Daft question but is that a horseshoe crab in the 1st? :shrug:

Bottom of #1 ... Prob isn't - just looks like one (on my piddly little 10' screen)

Both of them are excellent :clap:

You've done a great job of balancing the exposure between the sky and foreground and the colours are great (y)

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated!

The Seascapes are fine but there is no focal point in either image.

Thanks for commenting, I know what you mean for no.2. For no.1 for me the focal point is the geological difference between the foreground rock and those pointing out to sea.

Both decent images, first is stronger than the second, although your sloping horizons distract.

very nice, was just pointed this way by a recommendation on another thread, nicely done, and amazing, those rocks are very like the ones on my doortstep at crackington, never seen them anywhere else!

Lovely stuff. Prefer the first for no particular reason, just preference.

very nice, was just pointed this way by a recommendation on another thread, nicely done, and amazing, those rocks are very like the ones on my doortstep at crackington, never seen them anywhere else!

Fleur I hope the OP won't mind me saying but if you click on his website the pics on there of the Quay are stunning.

Wonderful. Some people argue that long exposure seascapes are overused but with shots like this why would they not be?

very nice - I agree 1 would be improved by a lower angle.

Whilst I accept that the earth is spherical and not flat, I feel a bit of tweaking needs to be done PP to straighten horizons..........(y););):LOL:

(y) 2 super shots

Thanks everyone for the comments, and bringing this back, reminding me how much I need to get back to Devon!

Thank you! Out of interest which thread was it?

Hi Fred,

Two very nice pictures. Were they taken at Speke's Mill Mouth.

Graham

Thanks, you are correct, top marks!

Fleur I hope the OP won't mind me saying but if you click on his website the pics on there of the Quay are stunning.

Thanks for checking it out, needs updating now!

Back