Second Hand Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS MK1 or New Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I am currently in Bolivia and unfortunately had all of my camera gear stolen. The insurance will replace everything but I had a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG EX Macro II which was also stolen and wanted to upgrade.

Should I get a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS which you can get for around £900, or get a Second Hand Canon MK1 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L for about £1100.

Difficult as the Canon seems slightly better with quality build and weather sealing, but is it worth the extra £200 and for a second hand product.

Thanks

Ben

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Bolivia and unfortunately had all of my camera gear stolen.

Ben

That sucks big time. Unlucky. I think I'd go crazy if that happened to me. :eek:

I'd go for the Canon, which I know is a very good lens. But maybe that's because I don't know too much about the siggy. Hopefully someone has compared them and can comment.

W

Well I can't comment on the Canon never having had the pleasure, but I have owned the Sigma 70-200mm APO f2.8 Mk1 which I was always very happy with wide open, so recently I coughed for the new OS version, wow! it's like night and day (y) The new lens is way sharper than the the old Mk1 wide open, it doesn't need any micro-adjust and the OS, well........it just works great :love:

I shot my daughter's Uni graduation last weekend with it (the indoor bits) and it didn't disappoint, shame I don't have the pics to hand right now as I'm @ work posting this. HTH.

Back