second Nikon D5000 recall

bindex

Len McCluskey
Edit My Images
No
I've just got a totally unrelated email which just happened to mention a second recall for the Nikon D5000. To be honest as I'm a Canon user I didn't even know there'd been a first recall! But as I haven't noticed anything on TP about it I thought it worth a mention. There's a link HERE with a bit more info but probably the Nikon site may be the best bet.

And before anyone has a go... I'm not into Canon or Nikon fanboy antics.

cheers

We had a recall of them at work a few weeks ago something to do with them not being able to turn on? .. This second recall is news to me!

Can't be doing the D5000 any favours!

or any of the other "new" nikons, like the D300s... Another item on the pro list for buying another D300 :)

I glanced at the link above and it seems to indicate that some of the cameras which were seen under the first recall were not subject to the correct or updated procedure so require a further work.
Doesn't sound like a second recall to me.

We had a recall of them at work a few weeks ago something to do with them not being able to turn on? .. This second recall is news to me!

Can't be doing the D5000 any favours!

No but doing plenty of favours for Canon :D

I bought the Nikon D5000 on the 2nd july and after 35 days it wouldnt turn on i was like wtf iv had this 35 days and its blooming broke.. so i took it back to jessops on the 9th august, told him what happened and without even looking at my reciept he took a new one from a box and changed it over.. thought hmmm weird but never said nothing.... well after only using the nikon twice it wouldnt turn on again. so i typed in google about it and found out about this recall... So i called Jessops this morning and gave them a piece of my mind:bat::bat: i said i should still have a 30day money back guarantee as not my fault that the boy on the 9th didnt change my receipt and he could look on CCTV to prove it.. well i got a better response than i thought as nikon are wanting them just to be sent in to be fixed. he said come in and we will change it for u.. i said not for another one i hope he said no just take your pick of any camera.. so because i was originally a Olympus user i decided to go for the E-620 which i pick up on Friday with a further 30day money back guarantee:naughty:

Once i left the shop i was kinda grinning as the first Nikon i took back was after 35 days 5 days past the money back gurarantee. so worked out perfecto ;)

Back