Sedge warbler

At smaller sizes it looks good... nice pose, background, etc.

At/beyond about 1024x it starts to show it's weaknesses (oversharpening, false detail, etc). It can be something of a tradeoff as the processing sometimes needs to be significantly different for different size uses; if the image is even "suitable" for larger use.

At smaller sizes it looks good... nice pose, background, etc.

At/beyond about 1024x it starts to show it's weaknesses (oversharpening, false detail, etc). It can be something of a tradeoff as the processing sometimes needs to be significantly different for different size uses; if the image is even "suitable" for larger use.
Steven
thank you for your comments, I do find them useful. I am notvery good at pp and will be the first to admit that. Not sure I understand your comment about different processing for different size use- I typically post smaller resolution images on Flickr and link, not sure if that is contributing or not. I do not mind saying my image is crap if they say why, I take criticism as a way of improving.
thanks again
john

Not sure I understand your comment about different processing for different size use-
It's like processing for print is different than processing for the web as ink bleed/etc tends to smear finer details and hides noise (i.e. requires more sharpening). Reduced size on the web is much the same; the smaller details are combined/hidden, and the ones that remain need more sharpening/contrast to be visible.

If I sharpen for smaller size (such as the 1024 limit here), then that is the only size I will make available/upload as larger sizes won't look as good as they can/should. Sometimes I'll do that because an image isn't any good for large size use/display anyway (lacking sharpness, noisy, etc). Also keep in mind that websites (facebook, flickr, etc) will auto resize (edit) your image for smaller display; and it's not likely to do as good a job as you could yourself.

And critique is just opinion; I appreciate you taking it as intended...

Looks fine to me and even better on Flickr ..nice one

Back