Selling Motorsport Pics

Name
Neal
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I am after a bit of advice if anyone can help me please.

I was at Oulton Park for the BTCC last weekend. One of the team sponsors from the US has been in touch asking if they can buy the rights to use one of my photos for some of their promotional work.

I know that Oulton Park/MSV have strict rules on the general public making money from their work. I know a few people who have been banned from doing so.

Is is possible for me to sell this photo to the sponsor or will this breach the Oulton Park/MSV rules?

If anyone can help or know someone that can help me with this please that would be great.

Regards
Neal

Hi Neal!

My only advise would be to contact Oulton Park directly and see how you stand.
Sorry if it's not as helpful as one would like.

Graham

I'd turn it around and ask the sponsor to contact the circuit. Or just sell the photos and be damned

Nick Froome

(if i were in your shoes) I'd probably do it anyway (as many do) and just avoid making it too public (posting it on forums).

When you look at the small print, there are really very few people allowed to sell images from these events. This includes lots of the media at the events.

Last edited:
Don't do it and don't post on here how many images you would of sold as I think is wrong. Honestly . ;-).

Good luck in what ever you decide

Back