Sensor cleaning systems comparison

Interesting the best bet is still to clean it yourself. None of the self clean systems were completely effective.

Helpful article. Don't think I'll put self cleaning high on the list when I decide to upgrade.

Interesting the best bet is still to clean it yourself. None of the self clean systems were completely effective.

Helpful article. Don't think I'll put self cleaning high on the list when I decide to upgrade.

:agree: - Can't say I was suprised with the results - how much of the cost of a 400D would have gone into keeping the sensor clean :shrug:
Paul ;)

Would it surprise anybody around here if I said that of the two people I know who are specifically looking for a new Canon DLSR (and don't hang around forums like this), put built in sensor cleaning right at the top of their list of needs? :shrug:

I wonder how much is effective engineering and how much is effective marketing? :thinking:

i dont understand this massive stress about dust on sensors, its not like its anything more than a simple maintenance task to clean it regularly and keep ontop of it, clever marketing on behalf of olympus to tell us we'll die without sensor cleaning.

i dont understand this massive stress about dust on sensors, its not like its anything more than a simple maintenance task to clean it regularly and keep ontop of it, clever marketing on behalf of olympus to tell us we'll die without sensor cleaning.

The point is that, this "simple maintenance task" should not be necessary. What's the bet that the Canon 40D will have this "clever marketing"?

Well i have Olympus and i think its important not to have to clean my sensor regular. If I'm out and get a bit of dust on my sensor, which has happened to me. I know i can turn my cam off then on and its gone. Much better than editing it out afterwards IMO.

If this was on a canon you'd all be saying the opposite. It was high on my list TBF. I'm not that good with fiddly things and this feature helps.

Back