Serious Flickr problem :(

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I've got a problem with Flickr and was wondering if anyone had any pointers.

I cannot sign in to my Flickr account. When I click the 'sign in' at the top right of the page, the smaller Yahoo page opens as usual. I enter my details (which are 100% correct), then what used to happen was the small Yahoo page would disappear and I'd automatically be logged into Flickr, but now I have to physically close the Yahoo page, and I still do not get logged into Flickr.

If I try again, Yahoo says I'm logged in.

It doesn't matter what browser or computer I use. I've tried my netbook, laptop and PC, I've tried IE and FF, all the same result.

I've tried a 'Contact Us' email direct to Flickr, but the response seems very automated, as if they didn't actually read what my problem is.

Any help would be appreciated. Of course the ideal place would be to ask it on the Flickr forum, but without being able to login it's impossible.

Many thanks.

Hi Stu

You do not say if you have a pro account or not

I had major problems logging in to my account last month as I couldn’t log in even thou it was telling me all my login details correct, I contacted them through the contact us link telling them exactly what the problem was and what I had done, and agree with you on what seemed like a very automated e mail back telling me to do exactly what I told them I had done.
Contacted them again 24 hrs later copy and pasting my original email and their response back to me, sent it to them with a very polite but firm this has not helped would like a refund if not sorted ect ect and asking them if they could reset things at their end, had an personal answer within the hour telling me they had sorted it and to login with the new password that they had sent me with instructions on how to change my password to one of my choice once logged in.

I have had no problems since

Many thanks Trevor.

Yes mine is a Pro account also.

I notice there's a staff member posting on that Flickr thread now, so hopefully they're aware of this issue. I'll probably go down the same lines as you with any future correspondence with them.

I was having the very same problem as you, but my Flickr site just came back online about an hour ago!!! (y)

Still the same for me :(

That thread on Flickr is getting quite long with others suffering the same issue. Wish the pizza munchers would sort it.

Flickr are currently upgrading their servers ready for a makeover, they have started to blog about this and the new site will be revealed on the 28th Feb. This may cause a few errors, I couldnt log in yesterday either but can now.

I have this problem also. It seems to know that it's the correct password because it doesn't get rejected but it doesn't log in. Wasted an hour on this yesterday thinking i was doing something wrong. Mines a pro account via BT and i can log into yahoo no problem so it seems to be flickr specific.

Anyone had any luck getting back into flickr yet? I'm still locked out i've had an email from them asking me to try logging in via the same link on the home page so pretty pointless. :bang:

Back