Shard and Butlers Wharf

Thanks Matt,
That was my feeling too :) I saw a poster recently of a sepia building and it had a grain effect so that's kind of what I was going for. Was a bit of a challenge as I'm normally obsessed with sharpness but I think it looks pretty nice.

Phil

Cheers Matthew. Nothing wrong with being a noob, I am too. All advice, comments and crit is welcome.

MWHCVT said:
It's funny on the first image I prefer the sepia version and on the second I like the cool version of it (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Lol - for me, the opposite!

I like the cool first as the background is exactly that - I think the cool processing acts to flatten the image, however, for the same reason, I think sepia works best for the buildings, as it serves to accentuate the architecture...

Well, that's my 2p, but as they say, it's your opinion that really matters!

Cheers Nigel. It is interesting how people's opinions differ. I guess its just personal taste ultimately :)

Also you and Matt might be in agreement. I accidentally deleted these from Flickr and had to re-upload them and I'm not sure I did it in the same order as the original post Matt replied to. Oops!

Really nice, i think i prefer the sepia ones. I live right next to butlers ward. Spent saturday on top of a building doing a time lapse of the sunsetting next to the shard. Need to get the big computer up and running to process it though :( hehe

Hoppy110 said:
Really nice, i think i prefer the sepia ones. I live right next to butlers ward. Spent saturday on top of a building doing a time lapse of the sunsetting next to the shard. Need to get the big computer up and running to process it though :( hehe

Thanks mate. Lucky man to live in such a great spot. I used to have a flat in St Katherine's but that was a long time ago. I'd really like to see the time lapse stuff, will keep an eye on this section.

Hopefully should have it done soon, i'm fairly new to time lapses and this is my first HDR time lapse. Currently looking for some software for PC. made a thread in the video forum just waiting for a reply.

Back