she's a firey one...pic added

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I released a black and white shot of Sam the other week but haven't had time to play with the colour ones much. Her hair really is a gorgeous colour.

First time on a white background too :D

4465355823_3edc0fe716_o.jpg

what was your setup??

Not keen on the white b/g ..

MD

I wasn't either tbh, but it wasn't my studio so I got what I got :D

I wasn't either tbh, but it wasn't my studio so I got what I got :D

Dont get me wrong i like the shot / pose / model but the the white b/g does not do her justice imho...

MD

The hair would look stunning against another background colour, You know how much I dislike white backgrounds Dave......but I was stuck with that, at some point I might change the colour in Ps :D

2 nice shots, prefer the second against the black, works much better with her hair, brings the colour out very well.

good shots and good pp/lighting but the hand pose in the first is a little awkward.

the 2nd is much more powerful, hair falling down to the cleavage line is very good at giving the shot depth & the 3D look.

Matty

iirc it was a very large octo box on one side with a smaller soft box on the other, and two lights on the background on the first image. And quite a simple set up for the 2nd, think it was a pair of soft boxes with one about 2 stops less power to bring in the shadows.

i much prefer the second one. Good effort sparky!

I like the lighting in both images, but the second is better overall. Great eye contact and the black background gives it far more impact though that might be to do with the tighter composition as well.

This ones on a different BG for you Dave, (y)

4468006465_7f30be890a_o.jpg

Now your talking matey.. thumbs up from me.. Also loving the crop the fact we cannot see a top gives the impression she could be nude..

Nice work mr ADMIN.

MD

Love that second one and she is a great model. I've done a quick edit in Photoshop and OnOne, let me know what you think.

Slight skin smoothing using Portraiture, then into OnOne Phototools where I used the magic Eye Sharpener (sparingly) and Creamsickle at around 50%.

Before & after:
4468006465_7f30be890a_o.jpg

I like the eyes Colin but i'm not keen on the skin .." I know its a personal thing I almost said in my post I was glad he had not smoothed the skin.."

all imho.

MD

Excellent shots Brian. Dark BG / 2nd for me too.
Think Colin's tweak is working.

Thanks for the comments (y)

I left the skin texture on her face but had done some smoothing on her chest, seemed like the right thing to do at the time in my head. But looking back it has helped, I think I'd have probably gone a little less though as I do like to see some texture.

your lighting is spot on dude, skin tones are amazing...first shot not too sure about how you have cropped her arm...strap from bra/top bulges slightly too....the shot on dark BG is just fantastic...her eyes really pull you in

Back