shetland ponies!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I'll just hide the hair as not to make the baldies jealous!

( hopes a sense of humour is in tact when read!:D)

I'm very proud of my baldness :D

Back in the day, when I had hair half way down my back, it only got all tangled after a long motorbike ride. My girlfriend used to plat it for me to make it more manageable.

God, I miss it :crying:

ignoring all the coblers and returning to photo critique

on the plus side its a nice idea for an action shot

on the downside its marred by an odd angle, and by a messy background. I'd suggest either a wider aperture to blur the background (which would also allow a higher shutter speed for more freezing of shot

or deliberately keeping the shutter speed down and panning them at they pass for linear blur in the background

Would panning work for such hairy animals going at speed?
And considering panning for a vehicle that remains relatively level on the horizontal is difficult, i think this will only cause more grief for the girl.

:LOL:

THE HAIR.

Well, and the bikes, but the aches in my shattered femur every winter sort of put that to rest.

The girlfriend? Nah.

Sorry - best get back on topic. ;)

I'm very proud of my baldness :D

Back in the day, when I had hair half way down my back, it only got all tangled after a long motorbike ride. My girlfriend used to plat it for me to make it more manageable.

God, I miss it :crying:

I had hair all down my back once - but veet for men sorted that out :LOL:

Simon what did you miss, the bike , the girlfriend or the hair? :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: well at least hopefully it's turned the thread a little more lighthearted even if you are all now a little wistful! :D

Would panning work for such hairy animals going at speed?
And considering panning for a vehicle that remains relatively level on the horizontal is difficult, i think this will only cause more grief for the girl.

they arent going that fast - and wildlife photographers pan things like running deer, flying birds all the time.

if you've got a crappy background and a relatively slow lens then panning is sometimes the only way to seperate subject and background without resorting to pp trickery

right well i don't come home for one night and i miss everything on my own thread :(

i was going to go through and quote all the comments but that would take far too long and i would probably take up about 2 more pages of reply's just for my one, so i will hold back from doing that, but neither the less i would like to so thank you to everyone who has stood up for me in this thread, it is nice to know that some of you have forgiven my actions and can see i am trying to get better, but being the typical teenager i am those moments in the best way to put it do still have their moments lol but i'm working on it so thank you for putting up with me to say the least.

i do read all your comments you guys give and some i don't like some i do but i'm learning to read between the lines, and try and get the most out of every comment you guys give.

As for the coming to a meet i would love to, but being 19 trying to do as many hours as possibly at work to be able to afford the gear i want to get for my photography, having no ability to drive, it forms quite a problem with getting there, but as soon as i am able to get there i would love to come along, and well as for the old man part lol i seem to get on with older people then i do with people my own age haha but be warned i am partial to being a bit of a hyper weirdo as my boss calls me :p

and then with getting back to topic, thank you for your advice on this picture i think panning would of been the better option for this picture and i will be sure to try it out next time.

Back