Shooting "the Board"

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been asked to take some shots of the board members for the website, but have never really done a "people" shoot before - I tend to do mostly landscape / nature / abstract stuff just now. We've pencilled in for 9am on friday indoors. Anything in particular I should be watching for / doing / not doing?

I was thinking getting them around the table discussing something (not sure what) and trying a more candid natural approach, with one or two posed profile pics towards the end....

Cheers for any suggestions ;)

Stu

i qiute agree ask them what they want
it all depends on the use on the website.

to introduce individual members in this case find a background ie curtain or blind . and if you have the facilty use off camera flash to hep stop shadows.

to get them round the table talking. set it up before or after the meeting . get them to arrive early and setup the shots and leave them to their meeting . theres nothing worst than to have a camera flash going and someone moving aroundthrough the meeting it can be distracting .

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

The idea for the meeting shots came from them as they want some shots to use in content articles and not just mugshots for profiles. Will take onboard comments and see how it goes.

Cheers

Stu

ask if they can arrrive before the meeting so you can get the shots, without disturbing the meeting. set it up like the meeting is in progress. ie papers on table.

Cheers Steve

Back