8373671137_5839e4a5e0_c.jpg
[/url] Shot of Worthingtons by Bill Burleigh, on Flickr[/IMG]

8373671385_fdabae8851_c.jpg
[/url] Exploding Can of Beer by Bill Burleigh, on Flickr[/IMG]

thanks for looking and critiqe welcome

Bill

Impressive!

Should leave the exif info :p I was wondering how short the exposure had been

Outstanding!! They'd be brilliant for advertising (y)

Awesome! I like the way you can still see the bullet in the second one.

J2o did an advertising campaign a long time ago where they exploded the bottle, but this looks so much better! Do you think it would work with a cider brand and some arrows? (y)

Excellent, looks messy! lol

Did you use Speedlites?

Thanks for all your comments,

Should leave the exif info :p I was wondering how short the exposure had been
Not sure why its not there, but a slow speed of 2 - 4 seconds.

Outstanding!! They'd be brilliant for advertising
Thanks, now theres an idea :cool:

Awesome! I like the way you can still see the bullet in the second one.

J2o did an advertising campaign a long time ago where they exploded the bottle, but this looks so much better! Do you think it would work with a cider brand and some arrows?

Sorry no arrows at present, but could work on it, try this for a start,

8373671651_7e59883aea_c.jpg
[/url] Strongbow Shot by Bill Burleigh, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like these very much I could see the top one blown up and on my wall in my office

Thanks for the compliment, but could you keep your mind on your job :LOL:

Excellent, looks messy! lol

Did you use Speedlites?

Very messy, I have to do this outside, and still smell like a brewery. Yes done with nikons set at 128, and with a 70 - 200mm to try and keep the camera away from the action.

regard Bill

Thats lovely!

What's the success rate?
It may be a terrible waste of a tank, but would a photo of a bullet going through water (about half way between the walls of a 3' tank might be cool - showing the destruction behind it? Or has it been done before?

Thats lovely!

What's the success rate?
It may be a terrible waste of a tank, but would a photo of a bullet going through water (about half way between the walls of a 3' tank might be cool - showing the destruction behind it? Or has it been done before?

Lots of things like that have been done now, but its still quite rare..

Depending on what sort of bullet you wanted to shoot through the tank, High velocity would cause catastrophic damage to the tank, and you would be lucky to find a flash of short enough duration to capture it!

Im organising something similar for a charity set of images that will sell on behalf of Help For Heroes, and i need to find an extremely fast flash.. they are VERY expencive to buy so im looking at trying to borrow one..

Thanks all,

Thats lovely!

What's the success rate?

Success rate is very high, it's just a case of adjusting to the different stages of the strike to see what you get. Most of the shots have been done but I enjoy the challenge, and making a mess.

What weapon did you use William, was it an air rifle ?

I used a .177 gas powered pistol for these shots, to slow the pellet a little. I have tried much quicker bullets, but they can make too much of an impact, and too quick to freeze with my set up, until I build an air gap flash.

regards Bill

Im after an air gap! but im not qualified to build such a device!! OR brave enough!.. lol..

Iv been looking about at companies that do fast flash to see if i can borrow one for a charity project!.. no joy yet..

fraggle101 said:
Im after an air gap! but im not qualified to build such a device!! OR brave enough!.. lol..

Iv been looking about at companies that do fast flash to see if i can borrow one for a charity project!.. no joy yet..

I'm still building up courage. Have you tried asking on the CA forum, there may be a uk user with one.

Bill

iv not been on there.. i might have bagged a loan of a fast flash anyway, gotta go meet em..

Well that's certainly a different 'shot' to what I was expecting! :LOL:

I can just imaging someone slurping up the damage for some reason too, I promise it wouldn't be me :cautious:

Great work though (y)

Well that's certainly a different 'shot' to what I was expecting!

I can just imaging someone slurping up the damage for some reason too, I promise it wouldn't be me

Great work though

Thanks Joshwain, I had a go with a crossbow bolt and some cider the other night. It was so cold it froze to the table before I could mop it up.

Bill

really want to try one of these images...

loving the results

Back