Shots from my lounge studio

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
So my lounge was turned upside down and inside out this weekend with quite a few people coming and going... Really must invest in a big ole garden shed cum studio in the backyard. On the upside, it gives me a reason to clean under the furniture...

A few from the weekend. Sorry about (and ignore) the obnoxious facebook splattering watermark in a couple... These were some of the peeks I posted on my wall...Feedback always welcome.

Saturdays1 by BethBotterill, on Flickr

Saturdays2 by BethBotterill, on Flickr

SundayPeek6 by BethBotterill, on Flickr

SundayPeek9 by BethBotterill, on Flickr

SundayPeek8 by BethBotterill, on Flickr

First Christmas by BethBotterill, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Lovely shot's the first one's a cracker and the last one would make a lovely Christmas card,well done, the first one did make me laugh.

Graham H said:
Lovely shot's the first one's a cracker and the last one would make a lovely Christmas card,well done, the first one did make me laugh.

Thank you! If it were my dog, improbably would use it for my own card! My dog hasn't been as cooperative... Might have to Velcro her in place next time lol.

They are really lovely photos and good studio lighting. What equipment did you get and how big is the backdrop?
I'm currently using a backdrop that's 3m x 3m and get good shots with the white background but with the black it always looks grey :(

mariahfleck said:
They are really lovely photos and good studio lighting. What equipment did you get and how big is the backdrop?
I'm currently using a backdrop that's 3m x 3m and get good shots with the white background but with the black it always looks grey :(

Thank you! Black velvet and a Hilite are my best friends. :) A black velvet is probably one of the easiest things to shoot on, as it sucks up any overspill and can really make for a classy shot.

A lovely portrait session, some really cute shots Bethy, love No's. 4 & 5 and of course the puppy. I have just set up my own home studio with the 7x6 Hilite background. Look forward to see more from your new studio.

GazBower said:
A lovely portrait session, some really cute shots Bethy, love No's. 4 & 5 and of course the puppy. I have just set up my own home studio with the 7x6 Hilite background. Look forward to see more from your new studio.

Thanks for that. :)

I love working with my hilite. I was quite chuffed with this session... Took my time metering the lights, placement, and relaxed... And for the most part, little to no pp, other than cropping.

1) nice
2) nice capture but would prefer to see more of the far side of the face.
3) the hands look huge in comparison to the head. A wide lens I presume....?
4) too much head room for me. I also think the exposure on the face is (for me) underdone. The har across her left eye isn't nice IMO.
5) cropping between the feet and the knees is a no-no for me. His hand looks huge again - I think it better behind her back. I think the faces are underexposed again.
6) lovely.

HTH

ryanyboy said:
1) nice
2) nice capture but would prefer to see more of the far side of the face.
3) the hands look huge in comparison to the head. A wide lens I presume....?
4) too much head room for me. I also think the exposure on the face is (for me) underdone. The har across her left eye isn't nice IMO.
5) cropping between the feet and the knees is a no-no for me. His hand looks huge again - I think it better behind her back. I think the faces are underexposed again.
6) lovely.

HTH

Excellent comments thanks.., the cropping between the feet and knees thing, I get that... I'll drill that in. I was using an 18-55 2.8 throughout, would prefer to use my prime, but just don't have the room to step back. Agreed with the headroom, I'm normally pretty good with that, missed a better crop on that.

I appreciate your feedback!

You're very welcome. You have the right attitude and I'm sure you'll get there :)

Back