Shots Taken Recently

Edit My Images
No
Hello

So I have had my 50D for a few months now and combined with a couple of lenses, I seem to have got some decent shots that I am happy with.

I am always looking for ways to improve so any constructive criticism is welcome :)

IMG_2563_zps82d7f491.jpg

Botany Bay - Lens was Tamron 70-300mm F4-F5.6 VC
I think this was almost 300mm so not bad I think?

IMG_2395_zps535bab83.jpg

50th Birthday Party - Lens was Canon 50mm F1.8
I realise I could have nailed the focus slightly better but there was little light and kids don't seem to stop moving :)

IMG_1549_zpsed439304.jpg

Cousins Birthday - Lens was Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 non VC
Fairly happy with this one

IMG_1852_zps3bdc6982.jpg

Aunts wedding (I was not offical photographer) - Lens was Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 non VC
Happy enough with this one but would have been better if the bride was looking at the camera I know

IMG_2129_zps6d2b132f.jpg

Holiday with the Doris to Spain - Lens was Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 non VC
The buldings are fairly generic but I liked the look of the sky in this one

Thanks!

The first looks to me like it needs a little CW, editing wise that's really the only edit needed, the scene is well exposed and the small boats add some interest to the scene, however it is suffering from the fact that the light at the time of shooting was very harsh, even some partial cloud cover would have really helped it...

The second one I love the idea of combining the glow sticks, bit it's a little under exposed and also it is very soft to the point of being OOF

The third, this again is a little soft but this time nothing a little big of sharpening shouldn't help to mask, it cold again do with a little bit of an exposure boost, it's a nice moment captured a real natural and happy smile, and I like the lower PoV ironically it maybe a touch to low as your looking up a little, for me it's a bit of a shame her hands are clipped a little off frame, as such I think I'd crop in a little tighter, to make it a little more deliberate and really concentrate the viewers attention of that pretty smile...

The fourth, not a easy situation or location, I don't mind the bride not looking at the camera as you can see that the couple seem to be sharing a happy moment, I feel this a touch under exposed, also cropping in a lot tighter is going to help minimise the background distractions...

The fifth, that sky really is very nice and to be honest I quite like the landscape okay it's not the most interest and probably wouldn't work if it were the same sky only over your local large council estate, but this scene just makes you want to sit out on the terrace and enjoy a cold beer or even better some sangria

Overall I see what you were going for with all your photos and some have worked well, others theres room for improvement, but that's all part of the fun (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt, I'm always looking for ways to improve and post processing is something I am feeling my way through so your comments are really helpful.

i like 5 and see possibilities via pp

cheers
geof

he says no

Back