Show us yer film shots then!

I seem to like chairs for some reason!

3971540784_6266a9374d.jpg

Voigtlander Vito B

6216850775_741f0d4401_z.jpg

Rolleicord V

Steve.
Really like the second one Steve.

I like it very much Mike, very Autumnal.

Andy

Ha ha whats happened to the world it was taken yesterday !
Thanks Andy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Last edited:
I seem to like chairs for some reason!

3971540784_6266a9374d.jpg

Voigtlander Vito B

6216850775_741f0d4401_z.jpg

Rolleicord V

Steve.
I particularly like the second shot. You have done well to control the contrast.

I particularly like the second shot. You have done well to control the contrast.

Thanks. I was quite surprised by this one as it was a bright June day but the outside foliage isn't blown out at all.

I was there to be a sound engineer for a show rather than to photograph so it was a quich snapshot really, but it has become one of my favourites.

If anyone is interested, the room is in Farringford House in Freshwater on the Isle of Wight. Now a hotel, it was once the home of poet Alfred Tennyson.
I had just set up for an evening of music and poetry reading by Patti Smith who was having an exhibition of Polaroid images at Dimbola Lodge, just down the road.

EDIT: Aaargh!!! you're talking about the other image. I only saw the one quoted in your post!

O.K. That one is in between the two places I mentioned already and is a small church with a thatched roof.

Steve.

Last edited:
hi steve, nice shot. as you say a little flat but couldn't you pull the blacks back a bit cheers mike.

hi steve, nice shot. as you say a little flat but couldn't you pull the blacks back a bit cheers mike.

Thats been pulled back quite a lot already and the LR contrast slider is at 11. The others look better so probably just a live and learn issue.

Thats been pulled back quite a lot already and the LR contrast slider is at 11. The others look better so probably just a live and learn issue.
maybe you should have run to the top of the hill and shot back the other way :LOL:

One from a recent walk in the hills, really loving this Pan 25, sooo smooth. This one turned out a little low contrast which I put down to shooting into the sun with the 50mm which I belive is slightly inferiour to the 65mm.

Allermuir hill looking along the main ridge
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Rest of the set is here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/eastern-pentlands.520912/

Steveo, try a bit of sharpening ....may just give enough "kick" to the image ..............nice shot btw (y)

Oh and have you noticed your cow now has "earings" :LOL:. At least they suit her better than they do Mikes peppers:D

EDIT: Here's a quick sharpening perhaps a tad too much but it looks to pull the contrast back ....what do you reckon?? ( As your avatar syas "yes" to image editing i took the liberty but if you wish it to be removed then just say so ;))

View attachment 2225

Last edited:
Steveo, try a bit of sharpening ....may just give enough "kick" to the image ..............nice shot btw (y)

Oh and have you noticed your cow now has "earings" :LOL:. At least they suit her better than they do Mikes peppers:D
might have to have a look at that see if i can find an avatar that wears earrings :LOL:

I am well behind the [recent] experience of some of you lot in here. These are from a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 that I've had for about 20 years & taken with a 24-70ISH zoom - I'm not even sure where the zoom is anymore!!

I don't know what film or also which settings sorry & these image have to be from before 2010 at a guess.

I primarily use the Yashica now with a 50mm f/2

maybe you should have run to the top of the hill and shot back the other way :LOL:

took me all my time to get that far!!! :)

EDIT: Here's a quick sharpening perhaps a tad too much but it looks to pull the contrast back ....what do you reckon?? ( As your avatar syas "yes" to image editing i took the liberty but if you wish it to be removed then just say so ;))

Cheers Asha, yeah thats helped a lot, it does look a little over sharp but thats probably be due to starting from the butchered flickr original. Let me have a go with the original.

Any lightroom people know, would clarity help here (yes, blasphemy I know) ? I think part of the problem was the weather, it was damp and thats probably added some diffusion.

I was admiring my earnings just a moment ago. I think they're rather fetching!

Cheers Asha, yeah thats helped a lot, it does look a little over sharp but thats probably be due to starting from the butchered flickr original. Let me have a go with the original.

Any lightroom people know, would clarity help here (yes, blasphemy I know) ? I think part of the problem was the weather, it was damp and thats probably added some diffusion.

I'd agree that haze/humidity may not have gone in your favour though at times the same adds mood to a mountain shot.

I'm pleased my retouch has given you a guideline to go with.
Unfortuanatley I have never used LR, only PSE so can't help with any settings you have to hand I'm afraid.

Good luck with it.I think you could tweak it into a nice end result without too much effort(y)

I was admiring my earnings just a moment ago. I think they're rather fetching!

If your earnings are fetching then we all want to be part of them.:LOL:

If on the other hand you find your earings fetching, perhaps we best start worrying about you :exit: :D

:)

I don't think I've ever had needed the "Blacks" slider up so high.

Last edited:
Any lightroom people know, would clarity help here (yes, blasphemy I know) ?

Not sure why you think clarity is blasphemy! :) I give most of my images 17 clarity on import and then tweak them if needed. I find it gives nice local contrast without blocking shadows or highlights. I guess it would be equivalent to a choice in the grade of paper when wet printing?

Not sure why you think clarity is blasphemy! :) I give most of my images 17 clarity on import and then tweak them if needed. I find it gives nice local contrast without blocking shadows or highlights. I guess it would be equivalent to a choice in the grade of paper when wet printing?

I was being facetious but In my head clarity is a digital process by this stage, doesn't it increase acuteance like using rodinal over d76? I always think of the contrast slider being analogous to paper choice. But I'll try it some more the future, I'm very much a part light room newbie.

Last edited:
I quite like that Trace..... has an almost painted look about it.... great colour in the sky

Thanks Lee i was hoping to get out quite a bit this week with the fog but back problems stopped me, this was near my house as the sun was going but still a bit misty

:)

I don't think I've ever had needed the "Blacks" slider up so high.

I See what you did there :D

I suspect one can justify any pp by a relevant/equivalent darkroom process - though I do not see why. For a purist then yes, but they shouldn't be posting here since by definition there is pp going on just to get an image up. For me it's all about the image, and whatever the format there's a lot that follows pressing the shutter release - I prefer your latest image, has a much better mood to it and changes a slow glance pic to a long look one.

Reactions: osh
I See what you did there :D

I suspect one can justify any pp by a relevant/equivalent darkroom process - though I do not see why. For a purist then yes, but they shouldn't be posting here since by definition there is pp going on just to get an image up. For me it's all about the image, and whatever the format there's a lot that follows pressing the shutter release - I prefer your latest image, has a much better mood to it and changes a slow glance pic to a long look one.

Thanks Arthur.
Aye, you're quite right it is a fairly arbitrary line and the image is ultimately all that matters, I do have ideas about wet printing at some stage so I try to keep LR devilry to a minimum to helpp gauge what might be worth printing.

Nice Ksyrium wheels there ....Mmmm I like mine:p

Where's the pipe to go with the slippers??

Got tbh and say I'm pulled more to the second shot simply by the colours .............. I do like autumn / winter though not for the cold temperatures .Brrrr :D

...Thought they were the mega-light r-sys jobs, judging from the fat carbon fibre spokes...

/bike-geek

One of the ones that was ok out of a pretty messed up roll

Agfa Vista by Cg_Girl on Talk Photography
This is a cracking shot, great contrast in colour between the sky and the field and the layered composition is very strong! Another shot that show the real capability of £land Vista!

...Thought they were the mega-light r-sys jobs, judging from the fat carbon fibre spokes...

/bike-geek
Closer look shows you are probably right ... smart a**e:D

I'll stick wiv me ksyriums...for now anyway :)

Back